Lloyds overdraft charges from 2009 Lowell Hounding me! Please help!

needout23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I'm hoping I can get some advice as I am trying to tidy up my credit file.

I opened a student account with Lloyds in 2009 with an overdraft limit of £300 I believe it was. According to my Experian credit report my account defaulted on 13/07/2009.

Lowell are now chasing me for a debt of £1459 which is all made up of charges as I wasn't able to continue spending on the account.

Ideally I would like to see if I can get this cancelled and taken off my credit report or maybe get a refund of the charges?

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Thank you :oops:

Did you ever contact Lloyds to advise them of the situation ? What documents do you have from Lloyds regarding the closure of the account ?

If you don't have copies of statements of account from Lloyds, suggest that you send them a Data Protection Subject Access Request. You need to go through all of the statements to see what is showing. If you click on subject access request, there is a letter you can use. You need to send Lowells a £10 cheque or postal order as the statutory fee due to them for the request.

You could send Lowells a letter stating that you believe that Lloyds have made errors with the account and have contacted them to get hold of information, so you can pursue this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Did you ever contact Lloyds to advise them of the situation ? What documents do you have from Lloyds regarding the closure of the account ?

If you don't have copies of statements of account from Lloyds, suggest that you send them a Data Protection Subject Access Request. You need to go through all of the statements to see what is showing. If you click on subject access request, there is a letter you can use. You need to send Lowells a £10 cheque or postal order as the statutory fee due to them for the request.

You could send Lowells a letter stating that you believe that Lloyds have made errors with the account and have contacted them to get hold of information, so you can pursue this.

Thank you for getting back to me. I will send them a request for all my statements as you suggested. I will also contact Lowell.

However I have just come home to a letter from Hamptons Legal who say that they are part of Lowell Financial, which is now worrying me even more.

While I send these out to Lowell & Lloyds is threre a way that I can get Lowell to put this on hold? Maybe call them?

Thank you for getting back to me. I will send them a request for all my statements as you suggested. I will also contact Lowell.

However I have just come home to a letter from Hamptons Legal who say that they are part of Lowell Financial, which is now worrying me even more.

While I send these out to Lowell & Lloyds is threre a way that I can get Lowell to put this on hold? Maybe call them?

Hampton legal is just a name used by Lowell group. It not a separate legal department as such. Lowell tend to pass on to outside Solicitors cases they look to take forward through the courts.

When you write to Lowells, you could state that you are in contact with Lloyds regarding a complaint about the account, which may proceed to the Financial Ombudsman. Lowells may choose to put the account on hold.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi All

Quick update...

I have sent the SAR out to Lloyds and have also called Lowell to inform them of this.

The lady I spoke to said she would put my account on hold and also raise a dispute from her end.

Lets see what happens next.