BankFodder BankFodder

Lilly_Monroe

PIP medical

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2018 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I applied for PIP last November.

In July I had a call from ATOS offering me a medical at a centre over 70 miles away, so a round trip of over 150 miles.

I explained I could not do this as I cannot get there, and I have been reading that not all transport costs ie taxis are being covered (not that I could travel that far alone with a stranger).

The lady said she was sorry, and I would go back on the list.

I have since been reading if you turn down an offer you go back to the bottom of the list or do not hear from them again.

Apparently they seem to be making it difficult for people to attend, a, because they do not have the centres and staff, and b, in the hope you do not attend.

Also if you ring them they tell you there is nothing they can do, and advise you just wait.

Does anyone know if this is all true.

Put in a complaint to the DWP, you've waited too long already for a decision, it's time it was sorted. Also consider contacting your mp with your issue.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Put in a complaint to the DWP, you've waited too long already for a decision, it's time it was sorted. Also consider contacting your mp with your issue.

I contacted the DWP and was told because I come under an area covered by ATOS there are long waiting lists - hence why I was offered a medical outside my own county as that was not ATOS (so I was told).

I read somewhere that back in June of the 350.000 plus medicals waiting, less than 100.000 had been carried out nationwide.

I will just have to wait.

Have you asked your GP for a letter asking for a home visit? Fax that to DWP / ATOS.

Well even though it took a while I suppose we have to consider ourselves lucky.

We had Capita for assessment and they came and did a home visit without us

even asking.

I reckon it actually helped our claim as the woman who came saw that the house

had been modified so that my wife could cope.

Looks like Capita do at least have a grip on the situation unlike ATOS