Jump to content

Halifax refuse to send me statements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts




I purchased my council house under the right buy act,



I took out an interest only mortgage with the Halifax and registered the deeds and the mortgage in both my and my Mother's names



I paid the full amount of the mortgage for 20 years until i moved out



My name is still on the deeds and as far as I know on the mortgage as well.



My problem is that due to various reasons I am not in communication with any of my family so can't see the statements ,



The Halifax won't send me a copies because I no longer live there and also don't know my balance.



Is this legal?

Link to post
Share on other sites

send them an SAR



include a line detailing your old address



and a copy of your current CTAX bill as proof of where/who you are now



its a legal document

they cannot refuse




please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was it an Endowment Mortgage, because they are nortorious for this.



Best go to a solicitor (if you can afford it),



get them to write and ask for copies of Title Deeds, Charges Register and a copy of your Endowment Policy if you have one.



They will try and prolong giving you details as the longer it takes the more chances they have of your handing over property under repossession.



So as a matter of urgency see a solicitor.



Otherwise they could take the house from you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Stan and welcome to CAG


I agree with DX - just because you are no longer AT the property is no reason for the bank to acknowledge your rights to info about the mgge a/c.



We could do with some help from you

                                                                PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING



                                            Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.


Thanks !:-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...