Universal Jobmatch Activity History?

Urbane Gorilla
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I went to sign on today and was told that it is no longer sufficient to bring in a jobsearch sheet and print outs of my job applications. The clerk tried to bully me into giving them access to my Universal Jobmatch account but I explained that I would rather not (and the reasons why) so they said that I would have to print out screenshots of my jobsearch activity history instead. Apparently I have to access my Universal Jobmatch account three times a week and look for at least six jobs a week. Does this mean I only have to do three print outs a week and/or whenever I apply for a job? I was previously told that I didn't have to log in to use Universal Jobmatch, so I didn't log in when I used it (I just sent e-mails direct to employers, etc.) and now I haven't got a clue how to fill in the activity history. I have to upload my CV as well. The clerk wasn't very helpful when I asked for assistance so I was wondering if someone could post a typical activity history entry or offer any advice so I know how to proceed and that I am doing enough. I really appreciate any help that anyone can give.

Edited by Urbane Gorilla

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ujm_toolkit_and_the_eus_framewor may be of interest - It includes a copy of the UJM manual which all DWP/JCP staff should be familar with.

Reviewing jobsearch activity - claimant using Universal Jobmatch

(No DWP access to their account)

87. To help assess that a claimant is actively seeking work you may suggest

that they show you:

 prints of any number or all of the screens/pages detailed in paragraph

86 from their Universal Jobmatch account. However, this will not be

possible for claimants who do not have access to a printer or cannot

afford to print out copies of these pages.

If they continue to insist that you allow access, ask to be shown the relevant paragraph in the above quoted document along with supporting statements from the Decision Maker's Manual - The latter is quite a weighty tome, and few will want to wade through it unless it is to their advantage.

One tip: If you do not wish to have your uploaded CV readable by the UJM system so that it can pull out keywords automatically, convert the file to an image then save it as a pdf.

Work flow: Save CV as pdf -> open pdf in a graphics programme, save as a pdf -> upload to UJM.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Thanks for the feedback. I got the definite impression the clerk was trying to exploit my ignorance of the rules. It sounds as if they are going to phase out job log sheets and force people to print out their Universal Jobmatch Activity History instead, which seems to me a crafty way of them getting around the no access to account clause.

Thanks for the feedback. I got the definite impression the clerk was trying to exploit my ignorance of the rules. It sounds as if they are going to phase out job log sheets and force people to print out their Universal Jobmatch Activity History instead, which seems to me a crafty way of them getting around the no access to account clause.

Also in the Universal Jobmatch Toolkit guidance is a clear statement that they can't dictate how claimants show their jobsearch - you can use their offical job logs if you want but you can also use any other method too. As long as it shows solid jobsearch evidence and that you've complied with your Jobseekers Agreement then that's all that matters. Quote here;

Actively Seeking Employment

We cannot specify to a JSA claimant how they provide us with records of their jobsearch activity and Universal Jobmatch will not change this.

My entire jobsearch evidence consists of screen prints of the 'My Applications' section from Reed and CV-Library jobsites. It's all listed, dated and even has the time I applied for the job, so the JC absolutely can't argue with it.

As you say, the advisers are banking on us not knowing the guidance and trying to tell us any old rubbish. They soon learn different thanks to sites like this :)

you dont need to give them access to your account. Just do a printed screen shot and present that. Its all done by the book. If on your agreement you signed for 3 jobs a week to apliy for then that's all you have to do. It goes on what you agree to when they have a review every 1,3 6 12 months etc... And you signed it.

When at the review they will try to up the game by telling you have to apply for more but theirs no reason for you to get the adviser to put down less. Is about inputting the change in figures for the adviser so they look as tho they have done something with you.

I keep telling people about not allowing JC access to UJM but they DO NOT LISTEN. One guy I help at my local work club has now been forced to change his 'looking area' to home counties even though we are in Anglia. He now has alerts coming through to apply for jobs in places like Elstree - I kid you not!