DLA stopped over the phone. Can someone help me?

sc867
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I can't see there being any objection to you seeing or consulting your GP, and what business would it be of anyone else?

I thought that there were strict rules about doctors divulging details of patients' health condition. For that reason alone I would expect that your GP would consult you before returning any details of your condition to DWP.

Mine did not (I was just relieved that ATOS actually contacted him to get extra information for my PIP medical which was last week (after a wait of 12 months).

I mean you give all your doctors details on the form you fill in, assuming that they will contact them - so why would the doctor need to check if they can divulge your medical history.

Mine did not (I was just relieved that ATOS actually contacted him to get extra information for my PIP medical which was last week (after a wait of 12 months).

I mean you give all your doctors details on the form you fill in, assuming that they will contact them - so why would the doctor need to check if they can divulge your medical history.

Not sure what details, apart from name and address, the average patient can disclose on a form about their GP, and that is not likely to breach any disclosure laws.

I was under the impression that the Hippocratic Oath that doctors have to take makes reference to what they can divulge. Of course the patients may divulge whatever information they choose to whoever they choose.

Consent,

Every initial paper claim form for ESA, DLA, and PIP asks for a signature to confirm consent for a claimant's healthcare professionals to be consulted about their disabilities without further reference to the claimant. There's an option not to sign, but Work n Pensions usual response is that the claim can't be decided without it. The equivalent for phone claims to ESA and PIP is a verbal declaration that DWP audio record.

Margaret.

sc867,

I'd advise seeking your doctor's opinion about the possibility of going through the report with her. Some doctors don't mind a discussion, but most (and the DWP and Tribunals Service) see it as parroting what a claimant tells them.

'...... something more that I can do to help myself?'

General practitioners aren't always the best people to do these reports cos they rarely see a patient's care needs on a day to day basis. If you have a community or psychiatric nurse, s/he may be prepared to confirm your care needs.

Best wishes, Margaret.

• 3 weeks later...

Evening all - an update for you: I received a letter today from DWP.

"What we have decided

We have decided that we do not need to look at your claim again at this time."

No mention of anything that my GP said, the paperwork that I filled in, or, more importantly, whether or not I'm still going to get by DLA.

Do I assume that I am still going to get it? I've realised that the two letters I have in the file stating that it has been awarded "for life" are not worth the paper they're written on, but on the face of it, this tells me nothing - and it's been hanging over me since the end of August. :-(