Hamptons texting my SON over my debt!! - is that allowed?

MJayz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Firstly if I am posting this in the wrong section, I do apologise. Please advise where it should go if this is wrong.

My question is that Hamptons are chasing me for a debt which I believe is owed to Vanquis bank. I am not currently in a position to settle this. My problem is that this morning my 16yr old son received a text on HIS phone looking for me. Now he is on a pay as you go sim, in his name and it absolutely nothing to do with me. What I want to know is where they would/could have got his number from and are they actually even allowed to contact his number with him being only 16. Any answers would be very appreciated and thank you in advance.

Edited by MJayz

The debt is mine and I'm not sure of the amount owed to be honest.

I have had personal matters to deal with.

It is probably a couple of years old this debt but

it is the fact they have contacted my 16yr old son on his number which has never had anything to do with me.

It is pay as you go and only ever been in his name.

I want to know where they got his number from as he only gives it to family/friends.

I am certain it is illegal but I'm not sure what to do about it.

I don't want them contacting him.

unlawful not illegal.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Does your Son display his mobile number on a social networking site that he has signed up to?

And if he does, your Son needs to check the security settings on displaying his personal data to non-friends.

DCA's have been known in the past to trawl Social Media sites.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Who signed the contract for the phone?

If it was you then it will explain why they are doing this,

they can nevr understand that people buy presents for birthdays or christmas.

You need to get your son to complain to them and

tell them that he is not the person they are after and has no financial relationship

with the debtor and they will be reported to the OFT/ICO if they do not desist immediately.

Only last week I bought a phone, and didn't give them any of my details, and put a PAYG sim card in and use it, there is no requirement to be giving anyone your details for a mobile phone UNLESS you enter into a contract with them.

However that isn't the issue.

It's anyones guess as to where these clowns get their info from, in this case, they should be reported too the FCA and the ICO, the ICO depending exactly what info it is they have divulged to your son, regardless he is family, this is your personal private matter, and could very well be a DPA breach which might warrant them getting a nice fat fine, after all, it is only money they care about.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Just to clarify, my sons phone is on a PAYG sim. I have had absolutely nothing to do with the purchase of the sim and it is solely in his name. He didn't purchase a phone at the time either as he was given a phone that was locked to the network so he went got a sim. I would also like to point out that my son is from my 1st marriage and has a different surname to me so there is no direct link between us.

He is very Social Media savvy and has everything locked down including his friends lists. He also doesn't hand out his number to anyone nor does he use it for competitions/surveys etc. I am actually finding it quite unnerving because they've got it from somewhere and I feel they should get a piece of my mind for contacting a 16yr old. It is disgusting and whilst yes ok, I owe the money, as a mother, you try and keep these things from your children so as to protect them etc.