Caravan Ban 6am - 6pm July/August

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Gregory Transport, (Somerset), wants caravans banned between the hours of 6am and 6pm in the months of July and August.

Wouldn't it be more sensible to ban lorries during those time and even more sensible to ban lorries from taking a couple of miles to overtake another lorry so blocking the road.

I think there are a lot of caravaners, (and non caravaners), who might have something to say about that. The man is demented.

Edited by Conniff

Gregory Transport, (Somerset), wants caravans banned between the hours of 6am and 6pm in the months of July and August.

Wouldn't it be more sensible to ban lorries during those time and even more sensible to ban lorries from taking a couple of miles to overtake another lorry so blocking the road.

I think there are a lot of caravaners, (and non caravaners), who might have something to say about that. The man is demented.

I believe he is probably on about small country lanes and that sort of road being blocked by inconsiderate caravans. If only the caravan drivers(not all but most that I have come across) would pull over and let queues past, it would be fine. But they wont. They drive down country lanes at 15mph and wont pull over for anything. And then scowl as you overtake.

Why should they show ambers? They have lights front and rear and they obey the speed limits. The only vehicles that require them are oversize or slow moving. Drivers should be aware of there surroundings and drive accordingly. lorries are an integral part of the system and to ban them from road between certain times would cause chaos. You would soon be annoyed when it takes 4 days instead of two to delivered your parcel instead of two.

In essence I agree with your post though in that it is not the way forward to ban them between certain times at all. They have just as much right to be on the highway. Lets just all drive a bit more considerately and we will all get along fine.

Having watched this in more detail on the evening news, this was something that will never ever happen and was just a publicity stunt by the company.

Lets have a caravan day out in Somerset, (not that I've got one) :)

We would get our morning paper and Cornflakes for breakfast because they would be delivered overnight.

Lorries take miles to overtake because one can do 2mph more than the one in front and are going to overtake it at all cost.

A million caravan owners wouldn't agree the same as umpteen million bike riders have always done a drip when it has been suggested they are taxed and insured.

Cyclists shouldnt be taxed. But as a keen cyclist myself, we should have some form of insurance.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It takes ages for lorrys to overtake because company's like tesco asda ECt limit them to around 52 mph on motor ways and on duel carriage ways where cars can do 50 lorrys have to go 40

Sorry, where are your figures from? I'm pretty sure....no, scratch that, I'm certain that all lorries are speed limited by vosa approved tachograph centers where they are limited to 56 mph.

They can drive at 56 mph on motorways.

They can drive at 56 mph on duel carriageways.

They have to drive to a maximum of 40mph on single carriageways unless the posted speed limit is lower.

We would get our morning paper and Cornflakes for breakfast because they would be delivered overnight.

Lorries take miles to overtake because one can do 2mph more than the one in front and are going to overtake it at all cost.

So by your thinking, not only should lorries travel at night, but every single uk business must be open 24hrs a day to trade during the day and take deliveries at night?

Sorry, where are your figures from? I'm pretty sure....no, scratch that, I'm certain that all lorries are speed limited by vosa approved tachograph centers where they are limited to 56 mph.

They can drive at 56 mph on motorways.

They can drive at 56 mph on duel carriageways.

They have to drive to a maximum of 40mph on single carriageways unless the posted speed limit is lower.

they are limited to 52 even thou the law states they can go faster

They even have stickers on the back saying this lorry is limited to 52 mph it's all to do with saving fuel

they are limited to 52 even thou the law states they can go faster

They even have stickers on the back saying this lorry is limited to 52 mph it's all to do with saving fuel

The Sprinter I drive has a Limited to 70 mph sticker on it, it can do just over 80 ( so I've been told ) :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Funny, not long after that post, I was following a Tesco lorry..... At 56. 55 on my speedo and 56 on the sat nav. I trust the sat nav. I have actually wasted alot of time today following lorries and only found one that was under 56 on the motorway. And that was a horse box doing a respectful 40 on the motorway...grrrr

But yes, in law, they are limited to 56. In reality, to p*** us off, the tree huggers have reduced them further. A quick google does seem to throw up quite a few results about 52mph limiters to save fuel.