Parking Eye in court with them 18th march - help with defence please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

was that sent with the claim?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Actually sorry that was sent in the first letter they sent me with a picture of my wife, they is nothing wrote on the county court letter only that parkingeye is the Claimant. I rang the court today to ask what POC were and she just said they taking you to court for money they say I owe and that's the particulars!!!! So I seconded guessed what you wanted and wrote the above.

I have already replied my defence once with something some one give me, it is as follows;

1) It is admitted that the defendant is the owner of the vehicle

2) The defendant denies being the driver of said vehicle,

3) It is denied that the claimant entered into a contract with the defendant. As hepd by the upper tax tribunal in vehicle control services limited v HMRC (RO12) UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car park management services and is not caable of entering a contract with the defendant on its own account, as the carpark is owned by the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, ikt is denied that the claimant has the authority to bring this claim. The proper claimant is the landowner who has informed the driver of the said vehicle that they had the right to park there and canceled any fine.

4) Alternatively even if they was a contract, the provision requiring payment of £85 is an unenforceable penalty clause as the claimant is not the landowner and suffers no loss what so ever as a result of parking overstay.

You need to concentrate on the fact that you told them who the driver was and this removes any keeper liability

and they have ignored this and are continuing with their action when they know they have no cause of action and therefore their claim is vexatious.

You can then say that they have not shown that they have a right to make a claim by providing sight of any contract they have witht he landowner

that assigns the right to make claims in their own name rather than as an agent of the landowner.

That in any case, the amount claimed does not represent a schedule of loss nor a genuine pre-estimate of loss for an overstay in a free car park

outside of trading hours so not only have PE not suffered a loss the landowner hasnt either.

Phone the council planning dept for where the store is and ask if PE or Morrisons applied for planning permission to erect the sighns they rely on to forma contract.

If they dont have PP then you can say that PE are breaking the law in not having consent

and that no contrcat can be formed that is based upon a criminal act so you repudiate any contract offered or implied.

Got a letter from them yesterday saying if I pay the £50 by 9th March the will stop court preceding's, tempted as if I lose I will have to pay £160 plus costs???

no!!

you don't owe anything!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Got a letter from them yesterday saying if I pay the £50 by 9th March the will stop court preceding's, tempted as if I lose I will have to pay £160 plus costs???

That's almost blackmail ranting2.gif

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Well done, just goes to prove that they're mere bullies that, as is usually the case, will disappear with their tail between their legs when someone stands up to them.

toast.gif

Be careful though, my cynical side is twitching. If it's your local court, which it should be, and you can, turn up anyway, just in case ParkingLie are trying to pull some sort of fast one to get a default judgement.

• Confused 1

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Untill the court tells you it is over, you must attend

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

And as it is a vexatious claim, i would be tempted to ask for costs

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.