Father sacked from work without following warning procedure...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long story short -

Apart from the company evading tax by telling staff they are paying a cash 'after tax' figure, none of the staff including my father ever received payslips. And the P45 he received indicated a lower amount than what I was paid.

His new Manager was taking over, which was the owners son. He told my father to not come into work a few weeks ago, and would talk to him the following monday as he felt that my fathers heart wasn't in it anymore, and accused him at the same time of passing work over to another rival company.

My father went in but recorded the conversation, and was told he was letting him go. The new manager felt that my Fathers heart wasn't with the company anymore, he had handed work over to another rival taxi company, and he was caught smoking inside the premises.

- My father only ever phoned another firm to hand work over when he didn't have enough cars on a nightshift to cover the bookings he had.

- My father did get caught smoking in the office, but everyone smokes including the drivers and two owners. He supposedly got a verbal warning for this. However, no written warnings were ever issued!

Despite my Father being a Taxi Controller there for over 7 years, and a driver previously for 7 years - meaning nearly 15 years of service to the company.

I have 3 main gripes:

- No Payslips ever given.

- P45 indicating less earned than what I was paid, suggesting possible tax evasion.

- Unfair dismissal. I feel he was dismissed because he was infact one of the highest paid controllers, on nearly £100 a week more than others, and they wanted rid.

However, they did not follow procedure. I was very rarely ill. Never had days off. And they sack me on the spot for pretty much no reason, with no verbal or written warnings!?

Does anyone know where we stand with this? We have recordings of the conversations etc.

Thanks in advance,

Tony.

Oh and I also used to work there about 5 or 6 years ago and they also used to pay me a 'cash after tax' figure every wednesday in my pigeon hole. However my P45 indicated they paid tax for an amount a lot less than I actually earned!

Phone ACAS, as they have information on employment law that might be helpful. Then it is a case of deciding whether to take this to an employment tribunal.

http://www.acas.org.uk/contact

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If the P45 is not correct the HM Revenue & Customs would love to hear about this and the lack of wage slips.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

When was he dismissed? There are very strict deadlines for making an unfair dismissal claim.

You can report the tax issue to HMRC but ultimately the tax issue won't get you any compensation or help your father get his job back.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The posts seems to go from I to He, is this just a typo ?

The OP has also worked in the same establishment.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

you should of also got P60 in each year stating what tax had been paid on the earnings for each year.

where you on PAYE or fill in self assessment forms? if did not know what you earned how would you know what tax was deducted and NI.

Sounds like a whole can of worms if you try to go that route; which may not end too well.