Benifits enquiry. jsa onto esa Please advise !

JOHNNYBOYJO
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I am on JSA at present, have been for over a year. My wife works the hours of 30 hrs per week. I have two children 15 and 17 years if age. both still in full time education.

Over the past year our tax credit has seen a large drop in payments.

I did think this was due to our son leaving school and starting collage and hmrc would readjust the amount back up as he now attends collage and is still in education.

1. is this correct??

The other question is i have been given a sick note by my doctor as regards me being unfit for work. If i claim ESA and stop my cliam for JSA would i get any sick pay? Also how would this affect the tax credits situation. Please any advice would be really helpfully. I can not reliy on the advice given by the job center any more.

please help

I am currently on JSA but i only receive my ins credit , No payments as my wife works over 24hrs. If i went over to ESA would i get any payments? How would this affect the tax credits payments?

Thank you

You would not get ESA payments unless you qualify for contribution based ESA (ESA has the same rule about partners working), only your NI credit. It should not affect your Tax Credits.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It works out the same, if you are not entitled to JSA payments then it means you are not entitled to contribution based benefits, only income based. And as your wife works, you are not entitled to any income based benefits due to her salary as she is classed as earning enough to support you. If you were entitled you would be getting JSA payments and not just Ni Credits so you will not get ESA payments either Im afraid. You can ring the jobcentre to confirm this, but Im sorry to tell you that you will get the same answer. You are not entitled. Being on the sick ie ESA, doesn't qualify you in a different way, its all the same.

Thank you

Could you tell me how would this affect the Tax Credits side of things? If i were to go onto ESA. As it stands tax credits has been reducing in amounts being paid to us for the past year. My son is still in education (17 years old) so i assume that it wouldn't have affected the tax credits.?