DFS Furniture Store - Wrong size sofa

Intel_Shopper

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello - I recently bought a sofa for 800 pounds at the DFS store. I feel I have been taken for a ride by DFS and would appreciate any guidance.

Long story short, the sofa that was delivered or the one that I paid for was NOT the same size at the one that we tried in the store. When we tried the sofa, three adults were able to sit in. We tried that with my wife, my daughter and myself sitting on it. There was still some spare space due to the child sitting on it. However the one that eventually arrived was much smaller.

I raised this with the store manager who pointed out that my sales contract showed a "small size". However, I went to the same corner of the store where the sofa that we tried was placed, and it had a similar size sofa now as the one that we tried i.e. the larger sized sofa (not the small that was sold to us).

I am VERY certain that DFS had placed the larger size sofa in the same corner of the store that we tried and this was not marked correctly. I would have been happy to pay more for a larger size sofa. The store manager has blatantly refused to validate the size of the sofa that we sat on.

In my two visits, I met two different sets sales staff who know exactly the location of the sofa that I sat on. I am sure there are some cameras or pictures of the specific sofa that will confirm the size that we were made to believe we purchased, based on the SPECIFIC location where this piece was placed in the store.

The store manager says that all complaints made to DFS will go to him in any case. The sales person that we worked with called us earlier this week but did not call back.

Thanks for any guidance.

Hi Intel_Shopper

Welcome to CAG

How did you pay for it? Credit Card or Debit Card.

You also need to establish that the larger sofa exists, visit another DFS, store displays should be similar, ask questions as to the availiability of the larger sofa - has there been an out of stock situation etc. Take some pics.

Depending on how long ago it was, you can request CCTV from DFS. It would cost £10, they have 40 days to respond. You would have to give them the day and the approx time.

Hi Intel_Shopper, We have been made aware of your complaint through a tweet sent by CAG. We are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the sofa that has been delivered to you and that you feel that it is the wrong size. It would be great if you could allow us the opportunity to look into this for you. If you could contact the head office on 01302 330365 we will certainly help as best we can. Many thanks Lauren DFS Head Office Customer Service Tel: 01302 330365

Unfortunately this kind of 'misdirection' seems fairly common in the furniture retailer industry.

Was in SCS over the weekend and on display was an electric reclining sofa. The price tag physically attached to it though was the price for the non-electric version, with the words "Auto Actions Extra" in very small text beneath the giant text of the actual price. Only by checking the actual overall range price listing could you get the price for the model actually being displayed, £500 more than the displayed price.

Most likely what's happened is that the sofa you sat on/tested was the larger one, but the price tag attached to it was for the smaller version.

Hi Intel_Shopper

Welcome to CAG

How did you pay for it? Credit Card or Debit Card.

You also need to establish that the larger sofa exists, visit another DFS, store displays should be similar, ask questions as to the availiability of the larger sofa - has there been an out of stock situation etc. Take some pics.

Depending on how long ago it was, you can request CCTV from DFS. It would cost £10, they have 40 days to respond. You would have to give them the day and the approx time.

Hi - I took financing from the store. DFS customer service called this morning and claim they have checked the video. I am happy to take the option of paying £10 and seeing it for myself. DFS customer service mentioned that we should have measured the sofa... how would one explain that instead of 3 people.. only 2 people fit in the sofa that was delivered. Will keep you posted.

Regards.

Regards.