Apple iPhone 6 insurence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just purchased Apple iPhone 6+ 64gb

Apple offer care+ which gives you two years warranty and includes accidental damage at cost of £79

Carephone warehouse where I got the phone offered me there insurance at £14.99 (Geek Squad) per month which covers breakdowns, accidental damage, lose and theft.

In their terms it states any replacement will be refurbished which is off putting.

Question what is the best product above? I seem to be going for Apple care plus!

Apple Policy

www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/docs/applecareplus_uk_tc.html

4.2. Hardware Coverage. If You make a valid claim under the Hardware Coverage element of this Policy, AIG will arrange for Apple either:

4.2.1. to repair the Covered Equipment using new or refurbished parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability; or

4.2.2. if it would not be practical or economically viable to perform a repair, to supply a replacement for the Covered Equipment with a new Apple-branded device or an Apple-branded device that is equivalent to new in performance and reliability, and of the same type as the original. Where such a matching Apple-branded device to Your Covered Equipment is not available, an Apple-branded device which is at least functionally equivalent to the original Covered Equipment (subject to applicable Consumer Software updates). The replacement Apple-branded device will become the new Covered Equipment under this Policy. In the event of a replacement, Apple or the Apple Authorised Service Provider will keep the original Covered Equipment.

--------

Geek Squad

http://media.geeksquad.co.uk/gsmedia/static/pdf/Geek-Squad-Mobile-Complete.pdf

Our replacement phones are refurbished models. The remaining period of any existing manufacturer’s

warranty on your original phone will be transferred to the replacement phone. If there are less than 90 days

left on your existing manufacturer’s warranty, Geek Squad will supply you with a new 90-day warranty

Just purchased Apple iPhone 6+ 64gb

Apple offer care+ which gives you two years warranty and includes accidental damage at cost of £79

Carephone warehouse where I got the phone offered me there insurance at £14.99 (Geek Squad) per month which covers breakdowns, accidental damage, lose and theft.

In their terms it states any replacement will be refurbished which is off putting.

Question what is the best product above? I seem to be going for Apple care plus!

Apple Policy

www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/docs/applecareplus_uk_tc.html

4.2. Hardware Coverage. If You make a valid claim under the Hardware Coverage element of this Policy, AIG will arrange for Apple either:

4.2.1. to repair the Covered Equipment using new or refurbished parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability; or

4.2.2. if it would not be practical or economically viable to perform a repair, to supply a replacement for the Covered Equipment with a new Apple-branded device or an Apple-branded device that is equivalent to new in performance and reliability, and of the same type as the original. Where such a matching Apple-branded device to Your Covered Equipment is not available, an Apple-branded device which is at least functionally equivalent to the original Covered Equipment (subject to applicable Consumer Software updates). The replacement Apple-branded device will become the new Covered Equipment under this Policy. In the event of a replacement, Apple or the Apple Authorised Service Provider will keep the original Covered Equipment.

--------

Geek Squad

http://media.geeksquad.co.uk/gsmedia/static/pdf/Geek-Squad-Mobile-Complete.pdf

Our replacement phones are refurbished models. The remaining period of any existing manufacturer’s

warranty on your original phone will be transferred to the replacement phone. If there are less than 90 days

left on your existing manufacturer’s warranty, Geek Squad will supply you with a new 90-day warranty

I''m a fan of Applecare+ : not just for iPhones, but iPads too.

However, I'm not sure it is a "general" accidental damage cover : I thought it covered screen damage (with its £79/$ equivalent excess) rather than "all damage"

4. Cover

4.1. The following definitions are relevant to Your insurance cover:

“Accidental Damage” means physical damage, breakage or failure of Your Covered Equipment due to an unforeseen and unintentional event occurring either due to handling (e.g. dropping the Covered Equipment or through liquid contact) or due to an external event (e.g. extreme environmental or atmospheric conditions). The damage must affect the functionality of Your Covered Equipment, which includes cracks to the display screen that affect the visibility of the display.

“Battery Depletion” means when the capacity of the Covered Equipment’s battery to hold an electrical charge has depleted fifty per cent (50%) or more from its original specification as shown on Your battery display.

“Hardware Coverage” means the cover providing for repair or replacement of Your Covered Equipment due to events of Accidental Damage and Battery Depletion.