ntl-guy Vs. Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sounds good, they can't really ignore that. Then again, they can :)

Claim against Halifax for £492

:: Moneyclaim form filed 22nd May, total claim now £649.57 including costs and 8% interest.

:: £210 offer recieved 19th May, rejected

:: LBA sent 8th May, 22nd May deadline.

:: £70 offer recieved 6th May, rejected

:: Recieved Halifax charges leaflet: 28th April

:: Original Request Sent: 25th April / Deadline: 10th May

View my progress

Tell me about it, within an hour of my refusal to accept £110, they upped the offer to £367:eek:

Now, the thing is this, if they were acting in a lawful manner as far as charges etc. go, why would they be offering to give me some of it back???????

Goodwill gesture my A*se! They're running scared and playing hard ball (or should that be school children) hoping that if they fob you off, that you'll just go away!

Well, Not this guy, ALL THE WAY FOR ME! I would really love to see them squirm in court when I produce the letters, emails, faxes, manual records of telphone conversations etc. etc.

OK, an outlay of £120 to issue the court claim (in my case) but it's well worth it. I'ld sooner pay £120 to get my money back than lose £1100 accepting thier offer, & I'm sure most people on here would agree with me!

Anyone who doubts my way of thinking, just read through all the success stories on here.

Personally, it may not work for everyone, but in my case, I've found that bombarding them with emails, faxes, phonecalls etc. has provoked a much quicker response. :grin:

LBA to get sent 12/05/06 - BRING IT ON :grin: :grin: :grin:

Cheers,

ntl-guy.

16/04/06 Been thinking about action for a couple of weeks & decided to take the plunge! DPA request Sent Via email

18/04/06 DPA request handed into local branch, fee paid £5 - Reciept obtained

20/04/06 After emailing/faxing 3 times a day, phone call to say the statements have been ordered

26/04/06 Letter received with list of charges and refund of £5

27/04/06 Statements for 1st account received Parachute Deployed

29/04/06 Statements for 2nd account Received, Request for repayment sent £1446.55

04/05/06 Standard reply with complaints leaflet received.

08/05/06 Conditional offer received

View my progress

• 1 month later...

hi

i just started claiming off halifax unfair bank charges

does anyone know if its a good idea to proceed with starting a claim against my halifax credit card account....at the same time as my halifax current account????.....the charges on both going back 6 years are possibly £4000...

do you think i should deal with one first then the c.c one??

also,can you claim these back if you no longer have the account..(is there a time limit after closure of an account that you can do this??) ,

also does anyone know if someone is an undischarged bankrupt....can they proceed to claim penalties back?

whether the account was included in the bankruptcy or not makes a difference?

thanx babes.x

• 2 weeks later...

hi there, this is the first time i have logged on, have sent the first letter to the Halifax and they responded within a week! they are offering me a lously £82.00! don't know how they come to that, doesn't even cover three payments?? am going to send the second letter, how did you get on NTL-GUY?:)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

16/04/06 Been thinking about action for a couple of weeks & decided to take the plunge! DPA request Sent Via email

18/04/06 DPA request handed into local branch, fee paid £5 - Reciept obtained

20/04/06 After emailing/faxing 3 times a day, phone call to say the statements have been ordered

26/04/06 Letter received with list of charges and refund of £5

27/04/06 Statements for 1st account received Parachute Deployed

29/04/06 Statements for 2nd account Received, Request for repayment sent £1446.55

04/05/06 Standard reply with complaints leaflet received.

08/05/06 Conditional offer received

View my progress

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks