Joint account but only one card !?

saraht74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi looking to get some advice about Barclays Bank, basically myself and my boyfriend have a joint additions plus account with an overdraft .for the last 18mths my bf has been without his card,every time the card expires I get a new one but he doesn't. When it first started happening we went to the bank and asked why ,they said they didn't know the reason as there was nothin on there screen to give an explanation as to why it was happening and that they would look into it and call us , didn't hear anything bk so we phoned customer services who didn't have a clue either, they said for some reason the computer won't issue a card to my bf and that it could be bad credit I said well both our credit ratings aren't great so if that's the case then why am I gettin a card and he isn't? Once again it was "we will give you call back and promised they would get to the bottom of it even if the guy had to deal with it himself! Nothing again, we just keep ringing and they keep sayin the same thing. My bf is furious as he works away a lot and has to keep taking my card away with him to use which we've explained to the bank as well, I work full time and I haven't got time to ring the bank every wk to ask them what's going on plus it's not my card so they won't speak to me without my bf present .luckily I have a Halifax account as well that my wages go into so I'm ok for money when my bf goes away otherwise I don't know what we would do.

What can I do about this ? Great to get some advice , thanks

Edited by saraht74
Missed something out

Hi Sarah,

Have you and YBF checked your respective CRA reports recently to see if anything shows up that may make the bank refuse YBF a card. If they were that unhappy with him, I'd expect them to close the joint a/c or remove him from it.

We always suggest you keep everything in writing only so you have a clear papertrail. All the phone calls you have made may count for nothing.

Send a letter to your bank's local branch with the heading, "FORMAL COMPLAINT". Keep it brief and to-the-point.

You say something like :-

Despite our repeated requests, you have failed to supply a debit card for Mr BF or any explanation as to why you refuse to provide it.

We require that you now provide the 2nd debit card for our joint account, or an explanation as to why you cannot do this.

We required your considered response in writing within 14 days, failing which our complaint will be escalated to Barclays London HQ.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Sarah,

Have you and YBF checked your respective CRA reports recently to see if anything shows up that may make the bank refuse YBF a card. If they were that unhappy with him, I'd expect them to close the joint a/c or remove him from it.

We always suggest you keep everything in writing only so you have a clear papertrail. All the phone calls you have made may count for nothing.

Send a letter to your bank's local branch with the heading, "FORMAL COMPLAINT". Keep it brief and to-the-point.

You say something like :-

Despite our repeated requests, you have failed to supply a debit card for Mr BF or any explanation as to why you refuse to provide it.

We require that you now provide the 2nd debit card for our joint account, or an explanation as to why you cannot do this.

We required your considered response in writing within 14 days, failing which our complaint will be escalated to Barclays London HQ.

hi thanks for the reply , yeah we checked credit report an all fine , I'm now going to write a letter with the advice you have given , thanks for your help

Hi Sarah,

Noted and please keep us updated.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)