Parking Eye Charge Notice waiting to pick up daughter **WON CANCELLED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I often pick my daughter up after work from the town centre bus station.

It's a one way system and I have to drive through a car park to get to the bus station.

She's usually walking through the car park when I get there but

a couple of weeks ago she (or the bus) was 15 minutes late and

I waited at the exit of the car park.

Today I received a parking charge notice from Parking Eye for £100 as I was in the car park for 17 minutes in total.

The notice is addressed to my husband, as he is the registered keeper, but I am the main driver.

At the time my daughter was also insured as a named driver (we'd added her to the policy for 30 days to get some practise)

and in fact, although I drove into the car park, she drove out.

The photos on the notice show the 'L' plates on exiting.

I've read through quite a few of the stickys and posts on here and think my best course of action is to write to Parking Eye

as the registered keeper but I'd like advice on what to put in the letter.

My husband was out of the country with work at the time,

is it worth mentioning this or should I just say he is not obliged to name the driver?

I would never intentionally not pay for parking but feel £100 is totally excessive.

In future I will drive straight out of the car park and wait on the road for her.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

There was no offence committed...

The appeal to PE should be;

' As registered keeper of vehicle reg. XXX XXX I am not liable for this charge.

Please cancel this charge forthwith or alternatively issue me with a validation code for the independent appeals service POPLA.

The charge does not represent a genuine pre estimate of loss, so is unenforceable.

ParkingEye vs Beavis has yet to be heard at the Court of Appeal, and is irrelevant anyway due to it referring to a different location, with different terms and conditions.

I am under no obligation to name the driver at the time of the event.

No other correspondence will be entered into. '

• Haha 1

lubyloo,

Follow "armadillo71". ...............

That will get rejected. .......... (Because they are proper STUPID ). ....

The "upside" of that is. It will cost them money to issue a POPLA code.

When you get that. That is when they get "Kicked over"

EDIT : Send it "signed for" post. :wink:

Do NOT send it signed for, they have a habit of rejecting such missives. Just get the free proof of posting receipt when you take the letter into a post office.

Does the route that you took through the car park have proper road signs directing you that way or is it just a shortcut? How long has the access road been there?

Reason I ask is because the answer may get PE an injunction slapped on them if they harass people on a right of way.

Thank you everyone.

About a year ago it was made one way so you have to go through the car park. The cameras have only recently been installed and there's been a lot of fuss about it in the local paper. People getting fined unfairly.

Then your appeal is that the road is a public highway or right of way and therefore there is no basis for any claim and if they persist you will sue them for harassment.

I would be reporting to the local paper anyway that PE are deliberately acing in a way to gain money by deception..

• 2 weeks later...