Have your tax credits gone down?

jadeybags
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mine have gone down in the last 3 weeks by almost £50 a week. I assumed it was because of teens ages, it happened last year too, but only for a couple of weeks. Can be something to do with admin adjusting from school leaver to college.

I assumed it's the same this year, although I did let them know earlier in the year that both my 2 are at college another year. Son turns 20 in March, daughter is 18 in January.

I will try & ring them monday. But is it possibly that?

As I say it didn't go on this long last year & having checked my online banking, they don't backdate the payments when they sort it either do they! Why is that?

Well, I rang them & just as well I did. They had taken no notice of me months ago when I confirmed my 19 year old was doing a 2 year Media course so he was still going to be at college until July 2015.

Anyway, they said they will update details, again. But the £50 a week I lost for 3 weeks, won't be paid back in one go, it gets divided over the year.

I assume it takes a while for them to sort it because I still got £50 less this thursday!

So £200 down so far, yet will get it back in useless little amounts.

At least you did ring, they are usually far more helpful on a Saturday than any other day (at least in my experience).....my problem has gone over their 'time limit' and has been passed to a more senior manager, and another person looked at my record and sorted out their mistakes - so hope to hear something next week from them.

They really are a pain to deal with, demanding info they already have and not accepting that THEY make mistakes.