Halifax wont let me cancel card

Gavin83

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I disputed some transactions that I did not make last week. I was refunded for some but not all..waited a few days then gave them a ring today about it as I assume if the refund didnt come, then those transactions are not being investigated. I am more concerned about getting to the bottom of this tbh than about the refund.

Anyway, when I disputed the transactions I asked for a new debit card to be sent, which I was told it would be.

The suspicious transactions have since continued, so they clearly have not cancelled my old debit card. I have no money left in the account now and plan on it staying that way until they can tell me whats going on..just a bit worried that these payments will end up makking me overdrawn..

Anyway, today I rang the bank to ask about both my debit card and the disputes. Went through security and such only to be told that they couldnt discuss anything on the phone with me until I go into the bank with my ID. I have absolutely no idea why this is as I have never had a problem before. I cannot get to the bank until next wednesday (health reasons)

MY question is..can they really refuse to issue me a new debit card and cancel the old one when fraudulent transactions are currently going on on my account?! Surely they will be at fault if the transactions do end up making me overdrawn? I am really really annoyed right now..have put in a complaint using their online form but dont expect to get a call back

If this were me I would be making an immediate formal complaint to the banks Head office - they generally have 8 weeks in which to investigate a complaint. However as this is a matter of security and someone spending on your card then I would say it is imperative they do something swiftly. Have you actually spoken to the Bank's Fraud section ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes but they reckon its not a fraud case as I entered my own details onto the site in question, which is why I was referred to disputes. Have tried another twice to ring and apparently my account is locked now until I produce ID in branch.