NewDay Ltd / Debenhams Store Card Assigned to Lowells

ccholland
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could let me know what they think of a little dilemma I have at the moment with NewDay Ltd please.

Yesterday I posted a CCA request along with the £1.00 PO to their current registered address and

today I checked the Royal Mail website and apparently the letter is to be 'returned to sender as addressee has gone away'??

I then went on to the Interim Consumer Credit register and the postal address I used is the one still on there.

I have noted the email address of the main contact from the register

when the letter gets back to me I shall email this person to ask what on earth they think they are doing.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this

as I would be grateful for some input before I continue trying to contact them

- I could phone but I do not want to be drawn into a long winded conversation with someone trying to fob me off.

Many thanks.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What address did you use ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi,

I used: First Floor, 11 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4RL. I have letter from them dated 5th Sept 2014 and on the bottom it states that they are at this address until 31/10/2014 and then after this date they will be at Two Pancras Square, London, N1C 4AG.

Hi,

I used: First Floor, 11 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4RL. I have letter from them dated 5th Sept 2014 and on the bottom it states that they are at this address until 31/10/2014 and then after this date they will be at Two Pancras Square, London, N1C 4AG.

Thanks for that, the address I can find is the Leeds address...

Credit Data Management Team

NewDay Ltd

PO Box 700

Leeds

LS99 2BD

Santander have these contact details....

Santander Cards Customer Services

PO Box 700

Leeds

LS99 2BD

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 2 weeks later...

Morning All,

I have had no response at all to my CCA request, not even an acknowledgement, and their time was up yesterday - not too sure whether I should wait a bit longer or get a letter of complaint off to them - any thoughts would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Morning All,

I have had no response at all to my CCA request, not even an acknowledgement, and their time was up yesterday - not too sure whether I should wait a bit longer or get a letter of complaint off to them - any thoughts would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

There is a lot of info about store cards being "assigned" to New Day from a large number of brands.

There is I believe a telephone number on the website for James Corcorran the CEO.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you. I have made a note of his contact details. I have just sent off a formal complaint email to the named contact for NewDay Ltd showing on the FCA's Consumer Credit Register - should be interesting to see if I get any reply.

I can't see any FCA alerts about this company a major player in the " branded" credit and store card sector.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I can't either. Normally the named contact on the register for a company (in this case NewDay) is supposed to be quite high up in the company so shouldn't ignore any correspondence - I have had confirmation of delivery of the email so i'll see what happens - I gave him 7 days to get back to me.

I can't either. Normally the named contact on the register for a company (in this case NewDay) is supposed to be quite high up in the company so shouldn't ignore any correspondence - I have had confirmation of delivery of the email so i'll see what happens - I gave him 7 days to get back to me.

Keep us posted on the outcome please.

Hi - I have today received a reply from NewDay Ltd (not to the email I sent by the way!) dated 9th Oct '14

where they advise they have included a copy of my Credit Agreement, Terms and Conditions and Statement of Account. I beg to differ to be fair!

The 'Credit Agreement' is a copy of an application form, the 'T's and C's' are on 3 separate pages which are not referenced / dated

and relate to a Santander Credit Card and NOT the Debenhams Store Card which was provided by GE Capital in 2001

which is when I took the card out!! The 'Statement of Account' is one line in the covering letter advising how much they say is owed!!

What I would like clarifying if someone wouldn't mind is are the pre-scribed terms which should be shown for a Credit Card the same for a Store Card as I am going to write back to them and advise that they have not complied?

Many thanks.

Morning, just thought I'd let you know that I am writing back to NewDay to advise that my CCA request has not been fulfilled - will keep you posted in case anyone may be interested.

Always interested cc.

• 2 weeks later...

Morning, I sent them a letter stating that they hadn't fulfilled the original CCA request and now I'm waiting for the response - I didn't elaborate too much as to why they hadn't complied as that's for them to work out - interestingly I have found some original paperwork from the time I applied for the card so i'll wait and see.

I'll keep you posted.

How you getting on with yours?

Hi - well today I received a letter from them as follows (my scanner isn't working so please bear with me):

''Your comments have been duly noted, however, I would refer you to our letter dated 9th October 2014, in which we have already provided you with a copy of the agreement, which is the legally binding contract between you and NewDay. I can only therefore reiterate that we have provided you with all of the information that we are obliged to supply under UK Law. We do not accept any of the terms or fees outlined in your letter, which I must again advise does not reveal any reason, legal or factual, as to why the debt owed by you to NewDay is not due and payable. The points you have raised have no legal merit, and your obligations remain. We will continue to report the details of the account to the Credit Reference Agencies and any information already recorded will not be removed.''

I have left out the usual blurb about Citizens Advice, etc.

Firstly what do you think of the content as all they have supplied is a copy of the original application form from 2001 processed in store and a copy of the current NewDay terms and conditions for a credit card so i believe my points raised to them do have legal merit. Basically they have not complied with the CCA request - i would post up a copy of what they have sent me but as i said earlier my scanner is playing ball - may try and photo them and upload.