• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

hfc personal loan help

Baz1994
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've had some success with a similar case

- noticed that the address that you've written to is different to the one that I used.

I was sent copies of my loan agreements that I took out in 1991 from

HSBC Bank Plc, Central Complaints Dept, PO Box 5055, Coventry CV3 9EF after I phoned them on 0845 602 3793.

It took them roughly 10 days from when I asked to receiving them

Hi

I've had some success with a similar case - noticed that the address that you've written to is different to the one that I used. I was sent copies of my loan agreements that I took out in 1991 from HSBC Bank Plc, Central Complaints Dept, PO Box 5055, Coventry CV3 9EF after I phoned them on 0845 602 3793. It took them roughly 10 days from when I asked to receiving them

Thanks for that andrew,

I am still waiting for a further response but I will probably send something else to the address you have quoted.

I will keep you / forum posted of any developments and would appreciate if you could also keep us up-dated, as I can see this is going to be a very trying complaint with this lot :sad:

Actually once they find you its relatively straight forward - word of warning though that number gets you through to a foreign call centre and there is a delay in them scannung stuff and sending letters - for example a letter sent to me on 23rd November got here on the 8th December !!

To start things off I called them rather than do a subject access request and they found me pretty easily

Actually once they find you its relatively straight forward - word of warning though that number gets you through to a foreign call centre and there is a delay in them scannung stuff and sending letters - for example a letter sent to me on 23rd November got here on the 8th December !!

To start things off I called them rather than do a subject access request and they found me pretty easily

Ok cheers again.

So did you just give them your account number ? What did you actually ask for if you don't mind me asking ?

Also was your loan with HFC Trust & Savings ?

Thanks

I didn't have my account number

- I took out a loan with HFC BANK in 1991

- phones them and said I thought I had an account,

gave them the address that i thought it was registered at.

They then asked me some questions like which branch j took it out at,

where I worked at the time I took it out,

and my job title at the time.

They found me fairly quickly and confirmed the account numbers in writing with copies of the agreements about ten days later

• Confused 1

I didn't have my account number - basically I took out a loan with HFC BANK in 1991 - phones them and said I thought I had an account, gave them the address that i thought it was registered at. They then asked me some questions like which branch j took it out at, where I worked at the time I took it out, and my job title at the time. They found me fairly quickly and confirmed the account numbers in writing with copies of the agreements about ten days later

OK thanks again and I will give it a go and keep forum posted.

Much appreciated.

Well I today received another letter from HSBC requesting a certified copy of my Passport details re my SAR ????

What is it with this lot, what else can I send them ? :x

I have previously sent them signed passport, driving license details, old address's, utility bill, loan account agreement

and a copy of an old Midland bank account statement.

Is it time to report them to the ICO for failure to comply to my numerous original requests ?

Will I also be entitled to reclaim any redress for inconvenience caused ?

Anyone else experienced the same but had resolved eventually ?

Any advice what to do next would be appreciated.

looks like they've got some of the old HFC staff working for them.

that's almost exactly the same wording a the letters HFC used to send out at the time of the PPI scandal started.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

looks like they've got some of the old HFC staff working for them.

that's almost exactly the same wording a the letters HFC used to send out at the time of the PPI scandal started.

dx

This is the fourth one that I have received, but no cheque returned either.

Is it time for ICO intervention dx ?

Surely if I supplied a copy of details requested that that should be suffice. What do mean by certified copy of passport, is this a SAR requirement ? It does say or signied driving license copy in which I had also provided ?

Any further thoughts would be appreciated.

give the ico a ring.

think you've done that before too?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

give the ico a ring.

think you've done that before too?

dx

Cheers dx

Sorry I didn't get round to it before as busy with other complaints.

Are there comments correct regarding my passport details ?

I also received the attached from a different HSBC address in respect of my old bank account, in which I also submitted copy of some old statements.

Seems that they are try to grind me down and to give up !

Cheers dx

Sorry I didn't get round to it before as busy with other complaints.

Are there comments correct regarding my passport details ?

I also received the attached from a different HSBC address in respect of my old bank account, in which I also submitted copy of some old statements.

Seems that they are try to grind me down and to give up !

BUMP :wink:

how can a passport help them decide who you are

they don't know what you look like

so only the sig is relevant

and I doubt either

as the time diff will be years.

and they

BUMP :wink:

Cheers dx

Well I presume they want me to go and have them certified lol...............yeah righto, they are an absolute disgrace !

They even admitted in an earlier letter, when I provided agreement details that the loan was paid up and closed. So I questioned why can you not then provide SAR details ? Hence now the various requests for Certified Passport and Driving License details.

I have again submitted, old bank statements clearly showing payments to HFC, the above mentioned, old address details (also confirmed on the old Midland Bank Statements) and copies of utility bills. Lets see what they comeback with next.

In the meantime, I have lodged a complaint with the ICO for failure to comply with my request in the correct manner :wink:

dx did you encounter these issues with your previous claim with HFC ?

I had enough paperwork already.

but yes the wriggle like hell

dx

and they

no I'm a hoarder

and they

no I'm a hoarder

Lol dx and I thought I was bad.

A pity I didn't with this one as only had a few details but my searches are still ongoing.

They had already acknowledged that one loan was paid and closed but still could not provide SAR details ? Do you think they are with-holding information or do they have details that I am not privy to ?

we have seen several times that a soon as a claim is put in

they come up with 'basic' info that contradicts what the claimant says.

they say its not part of the sar as its only very basic details.

but still don't forward it until the fos pull there tail.

and they

we have seen several times that a soon as a claim is put in

they come up with 'basic' info that contradicts what the claimant says.

they say its not part of the sar as its only very basic details.

but still don't forward it until the fos pull there tail.

Cheers dx

Ok will hang-fire.

Did you mean ICO and not FOS ? It's just that I was wondering if I should also submit a complaint to them ?

On a different note dx, do you know anything about Welcome Finance agreements ?

• 2 weeks later...

rather than post up another thread, I came across another loan account with HFC Bank but again no agreement this time but just a couple of correspondences with loan account number.

So again I re-sent a copy of SAR and mentioned the new account number.

Today I have received the usual HSBC response stating that before they can proceed further, they require a my Certified/original European signed passport or full UK or ROI signed Photo Driving License.

Is this a normal requirement from HSBC ?

Where under the data protection act does it state this does anyone know ?

If correct and sorry to sound stupid, how do I obtain certified details ? Surely they are not requesting that I send the originals ?

Any advice would be appreciated as I am becoming frustrated again with HSBC.

that's their std response to a request for details whereby 'something' doesn't fit right.

a current CTAX bill usually sorts it.

and a list of previous addresses

they must take steps to be 'confident' you are the person requesting the info.

a photo licence is of no good

they don't knowwhat you look like

over history, signitores change

so old docs wont help them

and even then they'd NEED an old sig copy to compare against

which hints they have info they've not sent you?

and they

that's their std response to a request for details whereby 'something' doesn't fit right.

Cheers dx

Sorry to keep asking questions but I don't want to give-up !

I just seem to be going round in circles with this lot.

Ok I will forward a copy of current CTAX bill and perhaps a copy of a utility bill.

I already sent them my old address details.

I know signatures do vary but I am becoming frustrated with their replies.

This what makes me think they are withholding something as on a previous correspondence on another loan account, they confirmed that it had been closed ?

• 2 weeks later...

Just recieved a response from the ICO stating that requesting certified copies of identification is unreasonable in my circumstance and will be contacting HSBC to reconsider their response.

Will keep forum posted of any further devolpments.

Cheers

Bazza

• dx100uk changed the title to hfc personal loan help