Norton Energy Solutions In Liquidation.Liquidator Wants An Offer For My Solar Panels

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Don't know if this is in the correct forum but here goes.

My brother had solar panels installed in 2012 by Norton Energy SLS Ltd under the "Rent A roof" scheme.

Norton were put into liquidation in May 2012 with Cranfield Business Recovery appointed as Joint Administrators.

Subsequent to Cranfields appointment they arranged for "Anesco" Ltd to take over maintenance of the installation. Anesco are now saying thatthgey were not informed of the installation at my brothers house by Norton Energy therefore no maintenance agreement exists.

Norton Energy say they have no interest in the installation or equipment and have removed their interest (lease) in respect of it.

Cranfield have suggested that my brother contact his energy provider direct in order that he can continue to receive "feed in" payments. They have also asked him to make an offer for the equipment installed by Norton with an added aside that until they receive, agree and settle an offer they will not be in a position to verify to my brothers energy supplier the transfer of ownership to him so that he can receive the "feed in" payments.

I totally understand that Cranfields are trying to recover as much as possible to help pay off Nortons debts.

Question is what to offer?

It depends on how many panels they have installed (area covered).

Then you can start to find out how much they are worth new and deduct 2 years usage (I would cut 15% per year given that that's the standard machinery's devaluation accepted in tax returns; might be different for solar panels)

After that you can make an offer.

Personally I would start at 25% of the current value and see what they say.

It sounds like you're in for hard negotiation 😄.

If you get a good price this will be like winning a small lottery: Cheap solar panels and feed in payments!

How much are the panels worth if they are not sitting on a roof earning money? I doubt it is 25% of the new cost as they will have to pay to take them down, store them etc and they wont be able to reuse them themselves, just sell on. I would be looking at starting off at 10%

Does your Brother not have any paperwork regarding the maintenance ?

I think I agree with ericsbrother - start low or advise that they need to come and remove them and make good any damage.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

How much are the panels worth if they are not sitting on a roof earning money? I doubt it is 25% of the new cost as they will have to pay to take them down, store them etc and they wont be able to reuse them themselves, just sell on. I would be looking at starting off at 10%

Got to agree.

After all what would they do with 2nd hand panels?

offer them silly money, £100 or so, just to open the negotiating table. I know they're worth more than that, but again if the Liquidator can recoup something for the greater body of creditors, they would sooner go for that than spend money removing them, trying to sell them back etc. If they took them out they'd be liable to pay for changes to the metering equipment and making good any damage caused, so I can't see it would be worth their while!

Just to chuck in my twopence worth, you should absolutely go low on your initial offer, don't be afraid to go low, the worst that they will do is say no.

People in the UK are afraid to haggle, we are worried we might upset the person we are haggling with if we try to take the 'michael', but, as the others say, these panels are pretty much worthless if they have to come remove them.

When they accept your offer, make sure you get it in writing that the panels become your sole property upon full and final payment of £xxx.

I'm not sure I would even offer £100, I would start off at £50, especially as you are not getting the FIT payment anyway, you are going to get the electricity created regardless of if you own the panels or not for as long as they are on your roof.

Have a figure in mind that you are prepared to go up to (maybe a years worth of electricity saving) and keep that in the back of your mind as your absolute best offer and only offer it once you feel you need to.

Good luck!

Edited by bizzisguy
paragraph spacing!

Well, as we're going to offer the lowest price possible, what about pointing out to them all the cons of regaining possession and selling the panels and then offer a symbolic whole £1 in cash?!

I don't see why not, the worst they will say is no!

• 9 months later...

I'm in the situation of attempting to sell our home but Norton Energy SLS Ltd has lodged an interest on the air space of our property in 2012 before Norton energy solutions went into Liquidation.

We have sent letters to the registered address at Reading but have not received any replies.

We have not been able to find a telephone number and would grateful if anybody knows one.

Hi David54

I started this thread on behalf of my brother.

The Receivers who wound up Norton Energy are:-

Cranfield Business Recovery Ltd

Youell House

1 Hill Top

Coventry

CV1 5AB

The person dealing with Norton is called Philip Bollard

Their tel No is:- 024 7655 3777

email:- cranfiledbusinessrecovery.co.uk

My brother made a silly (I mean really silly and low) offer for the panels which was accepted without argument.

If you also need the Microgeneration Certificate they will provide details of how to obtain it.

Good luck

Thank you for responding, Surferdan..

David, would you please let us know how you get on with this information :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...
I'm in the situation of attempting to sell our home but Norton Energy SLS Ltd has lodged an interest on the air space of our property in 2012 before Norton energy solutions went into Liquidation.

We have sent letters to the registered address at Reading but have not received any replies.

We have not been able to find a telephone number and would grateful if anybody knows one.

We are trying to contact Norton as well, but get no replies to our letters. Did you get any further with this. They do not display their phone numbers for obvious reasons. I have tried Cranfield Business who receivers who wound up Norton, but they said we should write to Norton. Alas we got no further

Hi David54

I started this thread on behalf of my brother.

The Receivers who wound up Norton Energy are:-

Cranfield Business Recovery Ltd

Youell House

1 Hill Top

Coventry

CV1 5AB

The person dealing with Norton is called Philip Bollard

Their tel No is:- 024 7655 3777

email:- cranfiledbusinessrecovery.co.uk

My brother made a silly (I mean really silly and low) offer for the panels which was accepted without argument.

If you also need the Microgeneration Certificate they will provide details of how to obtain it.

Good luck

What's the Microgeneration Certificate. We rang Cranfield but they told us to write Norton, but we cannot get a reply. Can you offer any advice.

Thanks

What's the Microgeneration Certificate. We rang Cranfield but they told us to write Norton, but we cannot get a reply. Can you offer any advice.

Thanks

Hi,

As I understand it the Microgeneration Certificate is provided by the approved installer to show that the installation of the panels meets the required standards to be acceptable to any electricity company to feed electricity back into the grid.

The letter from Cranfield to my brother states:-

"In light of the above I suggest that you contact your current energy provider to arrange for any future income being generated from your panels to be paid to you personally.

Your energy provider should be able to guide you through the appropriate process.You mat require a copy of your MCS certificate in order to complete this process. Regrettably I do not have a copy, however I am informed that you should be able to obtain a copy from MCS directly. should you require a copy of the certificate, the contact details for MCS can be found at www.microgenerationcertification.org"

Hope that helps