debt collection agency and f&f debts around 12 years old

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No phone contact, keep everything from now on in writing only

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

I will scan in the latest letters I have received from Cabot and upload them.

I've just run over them and its them asking for me to supply them with a financial statement which I haven't done

I started the CCA letter process instead.

the only other letters are the ones saying they will try and get the info for me in the next 40 days this was in reply to my cca letter.

other than this they used to ring me up every few days about one account or the other

all the time saying it was a polite call to check that the repayments was ok and I wasn't struggling to meet them

this got on my nerves when I was getting missed calls and also answer phone messages from them

when I was in having to go through the whole security checks and then sorting out the fact that

I speak on behalf of my wife's account and then just saying my circumstances have not changed

and I will be keeping the £1 token payment the same

well ofcourse they'd be nice to you...

they are fleecing you blind!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

40 days for a cca response? Thats proof you are being had. Cabot knows very well its 12+2 MAX as set in regulation. Not 40. They havent got the paperwork, are scared you realise that you are being cash cowed, so are trying to play it nice and look as if they are right.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

40 days for a cca response? Thats proof you are being had. Cabot knows very well its 12+2 MAX as set in regulation. Not 40. They havent got the paperwork, are scared you realise that you are being cash cowed, so are trying to play it nice and look as if they are right.

taking into account that they received my recorded letters on the 30th august 2014 for all 3 accounts the 2 credit cards and the loan what would be the next step towards making a f&f offer and is there any letter templates I can use. also where about should I start with my offer I read that you should start at 10% and each week offer them 1% less till they accept is this correct or would you advise different.

I have been reading up on the FCA regs and still cannot find exactly that reg. Have you got the pointer please as it was simple to find in the OFT set Thx

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

taking into account that they received my recorded letters on the 30th august 2014 for all 3 accounts the 2 credit cards and the loan what would be the next step towards making a f&f offer and is there any letter templates I can use. also where about should I start with my offer I read that you should start at 10% and each week offer them 1% less till they accept is this correct or would you advise different.

Again I would urge caution before sending in a F&F offer you MUST have all the facts before you do so. You have to play the game so to speak, get the CCA's back then head on over to getting the SAR done next, get them now if you wish each debt can be sent a SAR at a cost of £10.00.

You will then need to read every single line of credit/debit and check for charges for over/late/admin fees as these can be reclaimed before you make any offer this will be confirmed by other posters as well.

Yes you want to be debt free we all do but you MUST have all the facts first. Cabot know that they must return your CCA request within 12+2 days they are trying it on to see if you know the rules, which you don't ok, this is why you are here seeking advice. I don't intend to cause offence but simply stating the best way forward, but in the end it is YOUR choice not ours.

I have as well as many others have successfully completed a F&F with a DCA with/out advice, we are just trying to help you with INFORMATION you need to know BEFORE you part with your cash

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Again I would urge caution before sending in a F&F offer you MUST have all the facts before you do so. You have to play the game so to speak, get the CCA's back then head on over to getting the SAR done next, get them now if you wish each debt can be sent a SAR at a cost of £10.00.

You will then need to read every single line of credit/debit and check for charges for over/late/admin fees as these can be reclaimed before you make any offer this will be confirmed by other posters as well.

Yes you want to be debt free we all do but you MUST have all the facts first.

Cabot know that they must return your CCA request within 12+2 days they are trying it on to see if you know the rules,

which you don't ok, this is why you are here seeking advice.

I don't intend to cause offence but simply stating the best way forward, but in the end it is YOUR choice not ours.

I have as well as many others have successfully completed a F&F with a DCA with/out advice, we are just trying to help you with INFORMATION you need to know BEFORE you part with your cash

I cant understand that Cabot hasn't replied within the 12+2 days time frame

so do I just wait to see if they do ever reply as I only got the standard letter for 2 of them saying they will reply within 40 days

and the third one I heard nothing about even though they have signed for the letter.

I sent an SAR for the 2 credit cards already.

I have heard from one and been told I will have the documents before 20th October

and they have cashed the cheque but I cant understand why they haven't cashed the other cheque

and I haven't heard nothing about it.

I have rang and left a message with the DSAR department at Lloyds to request they also include the SAR for my wife's bank account

and also the loan as they offered this in their reply when saying they would have the info to us by the 20th October.

if they fail the 12+2 working days

you pay them NOTHING.

you wont get your wifes statements on an SAR under your name

if it was not a joint account a sep SAR will be needed.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I too am running with a Lloyds debt for a friend and they are being so slow with the paperwork. Its ok not to panic when new to the debt world just sit back and relax little.

Sar's are long winded and waiting for them takes for ever. If you have a smart phone get a call recorder for it and use it if you ring up a DCA keep them all as you may need them later on when they try to wiggle out of what they have said.

Sorting out debts is all about the waiting game unless you pay the debt on the very first letter which you can't so please just chill for the time being and let the dca's run around trying to prove the debt and provide you what you have lawfully requested.

if they fail the 12+2 working days

you pay them NOTHING.

you wont get your wifes statements on an SAR under your name

if it was not a joint account a sep SAR will be needed.

dx

sorry I didn't explain very well I applied for the SAR in separate names my wife's got a reply and they cashed the cheque and the letter said they would have the information to me by 20th October. but the one I sent for my credit card they haven't replied and they haven't cashed the cheque.

the part about recording any phones calls do I have to tell them im recording the conversation

• 2 weeks later...

Hi peeps I've done all the things we said about SAR letters and the CCA letters.

apart from the reply's I've had already

I've had another reply from tsb about my SAR letter

saying they will get these within 40 days

so that's all good for now

but I've had a really odd letter come today regarding my wife's loan. which says

Dear Mrs S******

Contacting Cabot

please call 0800 328 0708 (minicom: 01732 524630)urgently, and speak to one of our helpful customer advisors about your account.

our aim is to help customers get their accounts cleared so do contact us soon.

yours sincerely

Chris lambert

that's exactly as its been wrote on the letter it just seems really odd theres no reason why they wont to speak to me or anything any ideas peeps?

writing only

might be best to make a new thread

in the named bank for the org creditor

for each debt

as forest comes through

dx

and they