Odd Letter

Pinkpoodle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I do not wish to sound crazy but here goes.

I recently applied for a Budgeting Loan from the Social Fund as I am working part time and in receipt of JSA.

I received a decision letter today.

The problem is that all of my previous correspondence with the DWP has been on their headed paper with codes and barcodes up the sides ect.

This letter has no heading, barcodes ect and looks like anyone could have typed it.

It also has a sticky label on the second page asking me to "confirm the account details for payment purposes" in the box below.

It doesn't look like anything I have ever received before.

One of my friends had a Budgeting Loan a few months ago and

my letter looks completely different to theirs.

Sorry if this doesn't quite make sense and

thank you for help!!

Be careful,

where I live people have been targeted for overpayments that do not exist from fraudsters preying on the vulnerable.

In fact one lady with learning difficulties brought in a letter to the work club I run and

I could see a mile off it was a fraudulant letter so

I sorted it for her there and then by calling DWP on her behalf and

also took the letter in to the local JCP as I was on my way there anyway.

In your case, the simple solution is a phone call to check this out, or, even better,

if local to a JCP pop in and ask someone to look at it for you.

Best to make sure 100% of legitimacy before acting.

Go to the local office and ask. Afaik they will never ask you to confirm details like that.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I'd also be worried about how potential fraudsters are even aware of the fact you've applied for a loan. Assuming you applied in the correct manner via the DWP then only they and you know about your application - how does someone else know about it??

Definitely need to check it out - preferably in person. DO NOT send any details.