Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Any roads on the airport that have the RTA standard 30 MPH signs means that the land is not relevant land- regardless of  Bye Laws.   Could you get a photocopy of the NTK -the first PCN that was sent to your taxi company.Please do not block out the times and dates or photographs. I would think that you are renting your taxi from the company and so would have had to sign that you were responsible for PCNs etc exactly the same as if you were hiring a car for the purposes of PoFA.  I think they should have sent you a notice to Hirer not a Notice to Driver. You should have been given 21 days to pay rather than the 28  days that they asked you for. Check PoFA 2012 Schedule 4  S13 and S14. Also in those two sections PoFA only seem interested in parking, not stopping, and only in relation to relevant land which the airport is not. So perhaps some of the site members  could look and see if VCS have sent the wrong PCN and so they have no case.   Also as their no stopping signs only say without saying anything about being able to charge admin fees etc. then all they can charge is £100. Obviously those points would not be used until you are at the Witness Statement stage when it would be too late for VCS to alter their case.
    • Trustfolio has partnered with Equifax to launch a new feature powered by Open BankingView the full article
    • Hi It's been a while since I posted here but I'm in need of some advice again, after my last post a good few years ago I got the result I wanted with the help of you guys so I thought I would see if you could help me one last time? The DWP sent me a letter stating I owe them nearly £3k !!! From an over payment of income support from 1991. After racking my brain i managed to work out the last time I got any kind of help from the government would of been 1985 so where this has come from is a total shock . The letter basically said you owe us £3k here is how to pay nothing stating when it was from so I rang them asked if they could explain what date this was from they told me March 1991 to August 1993 I'm pretty certain I was working at sea as a self employed Deckhand earning a good wage so why I would apply for income support? Now my question is surely they can't send me a letter stating I owe them without paperwork work to back it up ? Is there a way I can get my hands on this supposed claim I made ?  Many thanks Gloryhunter01 
    • With regards to my defence, I want to make the following points; 1) That the photo at the entrance to the airport is vague as it demands No Stopping, but does not state where the No Stopping requirement will be enforced. Clearly, it's impractical and illogical to suggest that there exists a No Stopping requirement throughout the entire airport. Otherwise, how could passengers alight from vehicles? It is left therefore to the driver to make an assumption that the rule cannot apply in all areas of the airport. Consequently it should state on the entrance sign that there is No Stopping on the access road, or that there is No Stopping in the areas covered by repeater signs. There are lots of such signs on the approach to the terminal, plus on roundabouts, but very few in other areas, if at all. If the driver is allowed to assume that No Stopping does not cover the entire airport, then they should be allowed to assume that where no signage is present, the rule does not apply.   2) The [Code of Practice]/[Road Traffice Act]/[Code of Practice] - not sure to which they refer - states that signs need to be facing the driver at an appropriate height, reflective, and legible. The signs at the airport in many cases are neither driver-facing, at an approporiate level, reflective (in a useful manner) or legible. Many are even obscured by other signs, or by vegetation. This unfairly impacts on a driver, who may be led to believe that they are in a zone not covered by the No Stopping rule. 3) The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner.  Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim.  The proper claimant is the landowner" because my case is about stopping at a bus stop/stand rather than a car park. 4) The addition of £70 costs was not made clear at the time of the alleged contract being agreed. It is therefore illegal to attempt to impose further costs at any stage afterwards. As an aside, and a question to the legal boffins on here, what is the difference between the VCS-claimed airport clearway and an urban clearway? VCS stated in their rejection of my appeal letter right at the beginning of this palaver thusly;   If VCS are relying on a Highway Code symbol for a Clearway (No Stopping) and also mention Speed Limits, are they therefore forfeiting their claim that this land is private, and entrance subject to a contract? As I understand it, the Highway Code does not apply to private land, and nor would a speed limit. That there exists a clearway, in accordance with, as they appear to be claiming, The Highway Code, and a speed limit in place, in accordance with the Road Traffic Act, would appear that they are admitting that it isn't in fact, private property? Because if so, -if the Road Traffic Act applies, the reading on https://theorytest.org.uk/when-may-you-stop-on-an-urban-clearway/ would be very interesting, as it states that it is permitted to stop on an urban clearway to pick up passengers.   Your thoughts please?
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

Ppi why

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi folks.



I had ppi sold on my in shop loan



on my credit cart with nat west



on the CC with halifax



on first mortgage with Halifax



second mortgage with Halifax



on final mortgage with platform loads



on my capital one credit card.



I have a brain injury and just an not dabble to fight this properly.



I'm tired of people taking the mickey and just ignoring my request or just confusing me so I can't proceed.



I now tony have any of the paper work except the platform loans.



Everything else is lost.



It all goes back over 18 yrs.



can I get some one to help?



I don't mind paying a fee.



Thanks for your time





We realy could use the money as am retired with my occupational pension.

I don't get any benefits.

In fact they took over three thousand from me when my pension paid out.



I've had enough nowSeeing my family suffer day after day because I can't work.



Our son had ADHD heating bills are in the thousands.



To be honest they would be better off if u was dead.



It least they would get more help and still claim a widows pension



some one



please help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you haven't already done so, then you need to send a Subject Access Request to the banks/credit card companies.


You will find a template request in the link below.




If you have more than one account with one bank - you only need send ONE request and enclose just 1 x £10.00 which is the statutory fee.


If you can afford it, send the request by a tracked mail - keep the receipt and check the online status to establish when it has been received by the bank. They will have 40 calendar days in which to comply.


Once you have all your statements and/ or agreements so that you know how much PPI you have paid - then you can complete a spread sheet and make your claim.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **


Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first


1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read





2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS


Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.



Link to post
Share on other sites

you need to send an sar to each bank and get all the statements.



then start a new thread for each 'claim'




please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...