PLEASE HELP ! Transport Investigation Limited

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2127 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Hi just to update you that the matter is proceeding to court and is due to be heard within the next week.

He has completed a means form and a plea form stating he is pleading guilty and not attend court.

He is being charged under section 5.3.A regulation of railways act 1889.

Can I ask as he has a caution from BTP for breakage of the barrier I have been told that this matter is settle and should not nesscaily be brought upin court is this true ?

Also as he has been given the option of not attending court can I take it that prison is not an option as the sunmons only mentions that the train company are claiming £3.20 compensation and £125 costs but I know he will have a fine and a surcharge also.

The fare evasion will not lead to prison, has to be a habitual offender for that to happen.

£125 costs, £3.20 fare

Guilty plea, I'd say £250 fine, £25 victim surcharge.

The prosecutor may mention the fact that damage was made to the barrier in the course of committing the fare evasion offence(s), as part of his evidence, but the caution is the end of the matter for the criminal damage and won't change.

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative terms removed, could be inflammatory.