Online Sports Supplement Company refusing to replace faulty product

trevornelson

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I purchased a supplement in October 2013. I requested customer support about the product potentially being faulty, which I never followed up - I wrongly thought it was producing side effects.

Since then, I have stored the product as recommended, but recently went to open it and use it, to find that the product was damp, clogged and unusable. The item is still in date for another 12 months, and as it was stored as expected, I believe it is reasonable for it to still be in a usable condition, given that it has not expired.

I have contacted the company I purchased from, and (subject to their final position - awaiting this), as I made contact before, and many months have passed, they don't believe that they can fairly investigate the product and will not offer refund or credit. I have also ask them to contact the distributor (the product is American) and they were told that they would only be credited for faulty items if notified within 30 days.

I feel at a loss and believe I do not have unreasonable expectations for the life of my product. It appears that there is ineffective/insufficient silica to prevent moisture damage, especially, given that it was stored in a cool, dark, dry area for the duration I have owned the product.

Would anyone be able to provide any advice on whether I should follow this up with the courts, as I have barely used the product, 10% at max, which means I am suffering significant loss.

I appreciate that this relates to the interpretation of reasonable, mine is that the product should last until expiry, if stored as advised. Although, the legal interpretation for this type of product might be otherwise.

Any advice you can give would be incredibly well received. I am reasonably well informed of my consumer rights and protective legislation, but by no means an expert, as I any expert could tell.

Thanks a lot

TN

Hi MaxxPower - thank you for your very quick response. I would have to check the packaging on my product, but I don't believe so after doing a quick Google for the label.

Edit: One website suggests to use within 60 days for "best results", however there is no such mention on the retailer in questions website.