Vodafone re-opened an old account in error.

SLo233
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,I was a Vodafone customer prior to 2006 and have been with Three since. In March 2014 I started to receive Vodafone bills for a contract I never opened in my maiden name and sent to my parents address, which I haven't lived there for over 10 years.

After 6 months of speaking to several customer reps on the phone (a couple had said the matter was resolved but it wasn't true) it has now affected my credit rating adversely.In August a manager at one of the Vodafone stores had managed to establish that the account was re-opened as result of a system error at Vodafone and is not a fraudulent account.

I have this all on email and was advised to call Vodafone's customer services to have my credit rating reversed.I have tried several times to contact Vodafone- by phone, email and letter. I am unable to talk to any one regarding this due to the following reasons:1) Not passing security details- As Vodafone re-opened the account in error without my permission- the security details they set up doesn't match mine.2) The customers reps cannot find the account or are not allowed to touch it!

This issue is the fault of Vodafone and I have spent alot of my time the past 6 months to investigate the cause of this. The customer service is appalling and it seems if they don't know how to help they will lie to you to get you off the phone.

I've had many empty promises made that this will be investigated and resolved. As I have evidence that this issue is the fault of Vodafone and they have given me a false credit rating- they should be resolving this.

I have tried everything I can and not sure what I should do next. Only Vodafone can reverse this mark on my credit rating.

Any suggestions?ThanksSlo233

Edited by citizenB
formatting

Hi, I received an email notification of a reply but it's not showing up here?Thanks

Hi,

Sorry that was me, have a look at this 'link'...................

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-November-2013**

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I would hope that Lee, the VF rep will be able to sort this out for you.. however, in the meantime you could send a formal complaint to their Head Office - send it by a tracked method so you have a signature of receipt.

Give them 10 days maximum to resolve this, as your credit rating is being adversely affected after which time you will be making complaints to the Ombudsman and the Information commissioner - at this point don't threaten legal action although that might well be your next step, especially in view of the trashed credit file. .

You should contact the 3 main Credit agencies - copy them with the email that you have received from VF advising this is their error and have a Notice of Correction placed on your file.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Don't just be relieved when this is resolved - you have invested a lot of time and effort in this, have been given the run-around and have had your credit file trashed.

Vodaphone would have got permission to update your credit file when you opened your original account. That would have ended when the account was closed with nothing outstanding.

Even if they did have permission to update your credit history with accurate information, doing so with inaccurate information is libel.

Hopefully one of Jen's questions was how many £000's do you need to be paid to make this go away.

If you send the CRAs a copy of your email from Vodaphone admitting that there is an error, if the CRAs won't immediately remove them for Vodaphone, they will be knowingly publishing libellous information - it would be rather like a newspaper publisher trying to deny knowledge of a libellous story.