• Tweets

• What about the 300 payment I paid in December to stop repossession? And never defaulted since.    Just defaults off a previous year due to injury.    Car wouldn’t of been left there if I knew. How do I find out about a bill of sale?   I wouldn’t of left it there if they hadn’t made the arrangement with me. As I knew I would have the money to pay it by 18th March.     I have my car back now but it is damaged, which I’m going to have to pull out for. 
    • You cannot expect to claim any compensation for parcels which did arrive – even though they were delayed. That sounds a bit French to me. You can only recover compensation for parcels which were sent with them and which are lost. You say that there were 20 parcels. I think you need to give us more detail. I don't think we need a list of every parcel, but we do need to know how many parcels, whether the value was correctly declared, what was the declared value, when were they sent, and if you have you raised a complaint with. Which courier actually undertook the delivery?
    • The thing is, the administration has said there will be no payment coming.   "Unfortunately, whilst we have added your unsecured claim to the list of creditors within the Administration, regrettably due to the lack of funds in the Administration, there is no prospect of a dividend being paid to unsecured creditors. This means that notwithstanding your entitlement to Redress no payment towards your unsecured claim will be made. More detailed information on the reasons for this can be found in the Customer Redress Scheme and FAQs, which can be found by clicking on the link in paragraph 2 above."   So, I will obviously continiously beeing chased by UB or the debt collectors.   It was Unclebuck who emailed today saying the transferred the agreement to them
    • I'm sorry, but I don't really understand what you are referring to. Maybe you'd like to post up your particulars of claim again
    • They talk sence. So await the money. An administrator is placed in a difficult position upon how they can distribute funds they administer   so ignoring the powerless dca's , who currently owns the 2019 outstanding one? Who are 'they' ....
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

lack of settled Barclays cases?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5422 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys,

I've just been looking through the Litigation Concluded section and notice a lack of Settled Barclays cases.

I'm currently at day 20 of the 28 days allowed for Barclays to defend thier case from me.

Do they normally leave it to the very last few days?

cheers

Hi there,

Im kinda in the same boat. I got offered £300 for the £910 i claimed. I told them it wasnt acceptable. So legal nastyness insued.

So now i have launched a claim, and they defended within 2 days. Just waiting to see if they file a rebuff. (22 days to go)

Im actually looking forward to potential court action to tell the judge what [email protected] B arclay are. Bring it on Barclays.

in a similar situation, on day 23 of the 28 days in which to wait for a defence...

still at least when ours are settled other people will be able to see them for encouragement!

Im on day 19 after refusing just under half.

Bank Claim Result

NatWest £2051 UnGagged myself. They paid up in full:D

Barclays £641.81 Settled in full.:D

MBNA AOL £390 account credited

MBNA Card £880 account credited

MBNA Loan £115 LBA 03/07

Hi all

Don't worry too much about the POSSIBILITY of having to end up in Court.

Think of your letters and the Bank's replies as a game.

You know they are playing a little game, they know you are. It's like a game of chicken. They are just waiting for some people to get nervous and go away.

Hang in there.

Expect a letter a day or so before the court deadline with an offer, most likely in full.

Do you really expect a Bank to go to court over something they can't win ? Their costs can't be recovered in the small claims court and the publicity of a win for a customer in the court is something they will not want.

Been through the system. Keep going... it works !

I'd agree with Dickie, its just a case of holding your nerve. The bank will only pay out at the last minute, they might as well hang on to your money for as long as they can!! They will also be hoping that some people drop their cases as they are scared of the prospect of attending court.

They could even turn up on the day of the Court Hearing and offer you a full payment before you sit before the Judge.

Barclays have got 2 days to submit a Defence to my claim of £4k

Barclays - £4k - Hearing Date 19th Sept 06

Smile - £370 - Refunded in Full

Capitla One - £100 LBA 25/5

Virgin ? Data Protection Act 25/5

We have just filed a claim for £3670.00 with MoneyClaim. Barclays offered us a goodwill payment of £1500 in full settlement. We said that this would do as an interim payment with the rest within 7 days. They refused , saying "we acknowledge your intention to sue us" so we HAVE!!

Barclays seem to think that their customers don't have the balls to stand up to them, but after the hardship and problems their charges have cost us in 6 yrs, they really have p***d us off. My wife and I are quite happy to go to court if required and will even get the local paper involved if they want to look like a bunch of total muppets.

Like the others have said- don't worry, play "chicken" with them, it's them that will loose their nerve first!

\"I Think you\'ll find our charges are fair and laid out in our terms and conditions Mr Butler....\"

They filed a defence of my case on the last possible day, i believe i am the first to go this far with Barclays - documented on here anyway - i will keep you posted, im not worried, i have read and read, digested, educated myself and am fully prepared to see them in court should they wish to turn up and explain the theft of my money.

They filed a defence of my case on the last possible day, i believe i am the first to go this far with Barclays - documented on here anyway - i will keep you posted, im not worried, i have read and read, digested, educated myself and am fully prepared to see them in court should they wish to turn up and explain the theft of my money.

GOOD LUCK MATE.

Not that you will need it. :)

Same here! they filed for defence on the last day possible. Have just recivied the paper work from moneyclaim advising me that my cliam has been transfered from Northampton Court to my local court.

In their defence paper work they seem to have just quoted the terms & conditions of my account. Also in the paperwork was an Allocation Questionnare for me to fill in.

Has anyone else been this far down the road? what happens next? am i actually likely to go to court?

thanks

Hi Jinx, Im at the same stage of you and have just filled in my AQ.

It is a possibilty that we may have to go to Court to get our money back, but it is all a game of chicken. They want us to be so scared by the prospect that we will drop our claims and they will be even more richer, at our expense!!

Barclays - £4k - Hearing Date 19th Sept 06

Smile - £370 - Refunded in Full

Capitla One - £100 LBA 25/5

Virgin ? Data Protection Act 25/5

Yeah i Sent My 1st letter off to barclays on 15th april and i havent had anything back from them. Although AMEX and Morgan standly both sent me the DPA forms within a few days hope there speedier once the DPA gone to Barclays :-|

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5422 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you