Asda overcharged me £92.00 last saturday and still no refund

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2320 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Last Saturday I had my shopping delivered by Asda. The bill came to £308.00. I thought it was very high, but I had ordered a lot of fillet steak for my daughter's birthday. Then I received a voice message from the store to say that I had been overcharged by £92.00. Since that time I have called so many times. They admit the overcharge, but still nobody has refunded the money. It is now 8 days and still no refund. Everyone says they will call me back but they never do. All calls go through to South Africa. I managed to get through to the store the other day and they said they would get it sorted out with the Accounts Department and that I should not worry about it as it would be refunded. I am really getting angry about this. I want to take this matter further. Any ideas on what I could do to get my money back asap??

If you paid by Credit Card contact your card provider and explain the above and let them sort the problem out.

Your Credit Card provider should open a 'Disputed Transaction' file and immediately refund the disputed amount back to you until their investigation proves otherwise, which I assume it won't.

Hi professional1964

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened (overcharged), how they have let you down (failing to refund) and what you want them to do (refund plus compensate).

Send it to:-

Mr Andy Clarke

Chief Executive

Asda UK

andy.clarke@asda.co.uk