nram mortgage shortfall settled

hesanmp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They may claim that their charges are fair, this may help you it is a copy of a fine against DB Mortgages from the then FSA.

See page 4, Section 2.6 (3) and (4).

Sending them a copy and drawing their attention to these sections my give the desired effect.

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Just out of curiosity, how can you do a lba, if you haven't got the relevant info? ie, dsar. how did you calculate your exel spreadsheet? I also need to resolve issues with my lender but thought an lba would be 'jumping the gun' so to speak ?

Regards..Mr Worried :)

We had our home repo'd over 2 yr ago and I asked the question to Nram re refunds etc as I did with Future mortgages, none of them have answered my many calls and letters, one call resulted in them telling/advising me to complain to the ombudsman, I sar'd them both and had no response, cant be arsed with them really so was thinking to go straight to court as you are, however I need the paperwork to calculate my requests etc.

Have you any contact numbers for them opposed to the norm ?

Hi hesanmp

I done everything by the book, etc etc, over a yr ago, they just fob me off, so am thinking straight to court, but I have nothing to claim if you get my drift, Mortgage was with Nram and secured loan with Future Mortgages.

Have you a decent telephone number ? I can call today for both companies and explain one last time my intentions, I have got a few hrs spare today to get some bits resolved /dealt with etc.

Ta

did they cash your cheque/postal order?

YES, both companies did, thats the problem, and I have no paperwork, I am going to call them but need a better number than their normal numbers. I will try to resolve today then if not then an LBA by Friday pm.

What numbers and addy you comms with ?

Keep off the phone Mr W. Do it in writing and keep copies. Do you have proof on your bank statement that SARs were sent? You could also contact the ICO (google it) and compalin that they haven't complied. Look in the CAG library at the template letters for non-compliance with SAR and adapt a suitable one to meet your needs.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Keep off the phone Mr W. Do it in writing and keep copies. Do you have proof on your bank statement that SARs were sent? You could also contact the ICO (google it) and compalin that they haven't complied. Look in the CAG library at the template letters for non-compliance with SAR and adapt a suitable one to meet your needs.

Hi Caro. I know the golden rule re the phone but I am sick of waiting and being fobbed off etc, being a member on here has afforded me the knowledge to think 'outside the box' but to no avail so contrary to the Golden Rule, I will phone them today and then its an LBA by Fri pm.

Cheers

Sent last ditch letter by mail, lets see the outcome of this attempt

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Your request has been received and will be forwarded to the relevant

department. You will receive a reply to your query either by e-mail,

telephone or letter.

In the meantime, if you require any further assistance, please contact

us on 0845 609 9610*, visit our website at http://www.n-ram.co.uk or

alternatively write to us at the following address:

NRAM

PO Box 625

Durham

DH1 9JJ

you said they have been cashed, were they cheques or postal orders? what exactly are you trying to claim back from nrock - charges, erc's, did you have a shortfall, have you settled the shortfall?

Hi hesanmp

Postal Orders where cashed. I am claiming back charges,debt advisor visits and anything else I can from the info contained within the sar, there was no shortfall, however we have had no comms on the sale outcome whatsoever.

I also want to scrutinize futures secured loan docs and claim from them too.

• 3 weeks later...

i have had the banks final response to their charges where they state their charges are fair etc etc. they then give me the option of the ombudsman.

they do point out however that the large shortfall that i was left with following the repossession was indeed written off following a modest payment from me. the charges i am claiming back (exc. interest) are for less than my payment to them to clear my debt. what if the charges etc were for more than my payment to them?

secondly it has become evident that i was charged an erc which was not in their mortgage offer. the erc was for over 35k. this was added to the loan over 9 years ago and i was charged over 5% per annum for it. i take it i would not be able to claim back the erc if it is over and above the sum paid to them to clear my debt but would i be allowed to claim back the interest they charged me on the sum.

finally looking at the overall picture the arrears etc which accrued on my account, would never had been so high if they had not been applied to my account!

what can i claim, what should i do?

cheers