landlor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

I bought a HP tablet at full price £120.00 in Jan-2014 from Currys and I noticed issues with the terminals and ports right after about a month. It took me a month only because I had not started using it. I continued using it, even with all the issues ( like having to shake the terminals to fix the connection), as I was busy with my job search and new born baby. By August the battery completely died and I sent it off to Currys who sent it off for repair. They supposedly repaired the tablet but the same issue came back this week.

They are now saying that it will be sent back again for repair once again and that they will continue to send for repair uptill an year and after that they will charge me for even such repairs.

What can I do for this, legally? MCOL?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

No ... Stop... Speak to Customer Service, Raise a complaint. Ive had a very large success with them recently over the phone regarding a faulty laptop within a years warranty.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi newlyn

Contact your Card Provider, ask to carry out a Section 75 claim. Amend the template in the link (select the correct template), send it Recorded Delivery.

Send any proof that it has been sent away to be repaired already and your still having the same issues. You need to be persistent with the Card Provider.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/section-75-of-the-consumer-credit-act

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/action/letter-to-report-a-problem-with-something-bought-on-credit-card

By credit card.

Hey rebel11, Will the fact that I reported the problem six months later have any issue on my claim. I agreed to a second repair yesterday. Should I revoke that if my agreement to second repair will impair my claim.

How long is the expected lifetime of a tablet supposed to be? I was reading about faulty good on citizens advise bureau and it talked about a "reasonable time" for a fault to be spotted. So just wondering if six months would be too long for a tablet.

Hey rebel11, Will the fact that I reported the problem six months later have any issue on my claim. That's not an issue.

I agreed to a second repair yesterday. Should I revoke that if my agreement to second repair will impair my claim.

It should have been fixed the first time it went off for repair, it really doesn't make a difference to your claim.

How long is the expected lifetime of a tablet supposed to be?

More then 6 months.

I was reading about faulty good on citizens advise bureau and it talked about a "reasonable time" for a fault to be spotted. So just wondering if six months would be too long for a tablet.

That's not an issue, Curry's have had an opportunity to fix it but they didn't fix it.

That's not an issue, Curry's have had an opportunity to fix it but they didn't fix it.

Many Thanks rebel11 for the reply. I just talked to the Customer Service and they said that the store must issue a replacement since they could not fix the the unit with 28 days. Spoke to the store and mentioned this information to them, following which they kind of agreed for replacement next week.

No Newlyn...

Politely ask them to replace it for you there and then in store tomorrow, as you dont want to await the repair...

Also did i not tell you CS would help ^__^

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis