CCS collect and DWP?

Markb03
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am needing some help and advice please. Today I received a letter from CCScollect working on behalf of DWP for an amount of £200.53p. I have no idea what this is for? and I cant recall any letter recently from DWP asking for this amount.

They have my current address and have done since I moved in over 12 months ago and this is the first I can remember about this debt.

The letter basically says I have to make payment within 7 days or installments that they are able to accept. Also says the DWP are prepared to litigate under The Social Security Administration act 1992. It then goes on to say they would then ask the court for a warrant of execution for a bailiff to visit the property to remove goods and they could get the money from my wage.

It also says they will not take credit cards for this debt to.

Help please?

You should respond by asking them what the claim is actually for ? You could also send a letter to the DWP and ask them what it is about.

As this has been farmed out to a DCA, then it is very likely an extremely old overpayment of something and it is likely that it is statute barred and they would be unlikely to litigate.

Keep that letter safe, because it looks to me as though they might well be attempting to mislead you and you could possibly make a complaint about their methods.

I will ask site team to look in and offer some more advice, but if you look round the forum you will see that other people have also received similar communications for alleged overpayments that are in some case, 15 + years old !!

For the moment, I would just get the letters off requesting more information/proof of this alleged debt.

Are you in receipt of benefits of any kind - or have you previously received benefits where an overpayment might have occurred. Have you ever had a loan from the social fund ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You should respond by asking them what the claim is actually for ? You could also send a letter to the DWP and ask them what it is about.

As this has been farmed out to a DCA, then it is very likely an extremely old overpayment of something and it is likely that it is statute barred and they would be unlikely to litigate.

Keep that letter safe, because it looks to me as though they might well be attempting to mislead you and you could possibly make a complaint about their methods.

I will ask site team to look in and offer some more advice, but if you look round the forum you will see that other people have also received similar communications for alleged overpayments that are in some case, 15 + years old !!

For the moment, I would just get the letters off requesting more information/proof of this alleged debt.

Are you in receipt of benefits of any kind - or have you previously received benefits where an overpayment might have occurred. Have you ever had a loan from the social fund ?

I do have an overpayment. Well I had two. I rang up and I was paying £130 a month. But one finished so now I am just paying the one. They have never mentioned this £200 before but this was tax credits so would they know?

I have been in the same job for the last 6 years so I am not sure when I last signed on. Was def over 6 years ago though.

Thank you for your response.

I am sure someone with more knowledge will look in over the weekend, but do please send the letters off and ask them to confirm what this is all about.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D