Eos Solutions chasing old account South East Water

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I rather suspect that it isn't statute barred, but I will ask for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

In England the limitations period for unsecured debts (which this one is) is 6 years so if you live in England or wales then no it is not SB. In Scotland, different rules apply

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

What do the letters actually say?

Are they just standard drivel or do they state they WILL go for CCJ?

Is EOS collecting on behalf of a client or have they purchased the debt?

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

What do the letters actually say?

Are they just standard drivel or do they state they WILL go for CCJ?

Is EOS collecting on behalf of a client or have they purchased the debt?

Stigman

It says (dated 20th August):

Our client has tried to get in touch with you on a number of occasions to discuss you account which is seriously overdue. Your account has now been passed to the Director's Office within EOS Solutions UK plc for further action.

We now inform you of the seriousness of your actions - failure to contact this office and arrange the payment in FULL or to make an arrangement satisfactory to both parties within the next 10 days may result in one of the following actions taking place:

1. Your account could be transferred to one of our field representatives to call at your home to recover the outstanding balance.

2. Your account could be transferred back to our client, South East Water Limited who may decide to start legal proceedings.

~ I sent them a Statue Barred letter soon after and they replied (From Complaint Officer, dated 26/08/14) with:

I am writing in response to you recent communication with our office.

I have now received a copy of the bill with a statement of your account(shows the last payment made was 13/03/2009) from our client South East Water Limited which are enclosed. Please note the copy of the bill is outstanding at £545.21 with charges for traces and administration fees on the copy of the statement that totals £569.21

I can confirm the the account has been placed on our hold process for 14 days to allow you time to contact me,

The "Letter from the Directors Office" is one of their standard templates. I got a couple of those while I was waiting for a CCA request a couple of years ago.

As for SB , no it's not so you will need to cross your fingers for the next 6 months.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Hopefully you will be able to wait this out for 6 months or more.. If South East Water do try to litigate, then you could offer instalments - it will be in small claims court so there will be minimal costs. Are there any charges added to the account already ?

It says (dated 20th August):

Our client has tried to get in touch with you on a number of occasions to discuss you account which is seriously overdue. Your account has now been passed to the Director's Office within EOS Solutions UK plc for further action.

We now inform you of the seriousness of your actions - failure to contact this office and arrange the payment in FULL or to make an arrangement satisfactory to both parties within the next 10 days may result in one of the following actions taking place:

1. Your account could be transferred to one of our field representatives to call at your home to recover the outstanding balance. Hmm, and exactly how do they plan on recovering the outstanding balance by using one of their field reps ! March you down the ATM - break your legs - sell your dog ?? They are not even permitted to send a rep without first making an appointment and presumably you don't intend to make an appointment. This is intimidation, pure and simple.

2. Your account could be transferred back to our client, South East Water Limited who may decide to start legal proceedings. As it has never left South East Water, this is a stupid statement from them.. the DCA is just being used to administer any collections

~ I sent them a Statue Barred letter soon after and they replied (From Complaint Officer, dated 26/08/14) with:

I am writing in response to you recent communication with our office.

I have now received a copy of the bill with a statement of your account(shows the last payment made was 13/03/2009) from our client South East Water Limited which are enclosed. Please note the copy of the bill is outstanding at £545.21 with charges for traces and administration fees on the copy of the statement that totals £569.21

I can confirm the the account has been placed on our hold process for 14 days to allow you time to contact me,

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hopefully you will be able to wait this out for 6 months or more..

Hi CB,

I'm quite new on here & was wondering if you could explain this point further as I am in a similar position re the 6 years arriving with all my debts.

As they have contacted the OP within 6 years doesn't that "reset" the 6 year clock?

TIA.

As they have contacted the OP within 6 years doesn't that "reset" the 6 year clock?

Nope,

If the OP writes a letter with a written acknowledgement of the debt or the OP makes a payment within the six years, then this resets the statute clock ticking.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

Hi

No, many creditors would like you to believe that by sending a letter they are resetting the clock however once the cause of action has accrued (complex subject) the only thing that can reset the SB clock is either a written acknowledgement of the debt i.e I owe you £1000 or my debt to you of typoe thing

That or a payment made by the debtor or with the debtors express permission

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Where do I count the 6 years back to?

The last payment I made, correspondence sent?

Depending on the correspondence sent, it has to be a written of acknowledgement of your debt, please note that asking for proff of the debt or a CCA request does not count as acknowledgement.

Or once again the last payment made, 6 years in England/Wales, 5 years if in (soon to be free from an evil dictatorship hopefully) Scotland.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

water debt are the same as say a credit card debt

they are not a priority utils unlike gas/elec.

ignore eos deal with the water company.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...