Council Tax for married couple as student

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello friends, I would require some help to get correct info. I have contacted my local council and each time i spoke to someone in there has given me different answers to others, and this has confused us a lot. So thats why I would like info regarding the matter I am about to mention.

I am in part time employment 24 hrs a week, earn around £1100 PM after deduction in tax, NI and pension. We live in a rented property and we get housing and some towards council tax benefits. My wife dont work and look after children age 6 yr and 13 yr. Recently my wife has decided and went thru some interviews to get admission in local college for a beauty therapy course 2 evenings a week (6 hrs per week) for a full one year and she has also got admission with other course Hair Dressing in another college which runs 3 full days a week (18 hrs per week) for a full one year.

My question is

1) Would we both be exempted from council tax or the council will consider to exempt my wife ONLY and will I still end up paying council tax ?

Would appreciate your replies.

Edited by nasjam

You would not be exempt

Not even sure your wife would be disregarded as neither of her courses appear to be 21 hours or more

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.