Dca requesting proof of benefits.

sl8yr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

you are sar'ing the OC not the fleecing dca that the CCA went too.

you must always sign an SAr request.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Also in order to go overkill I sent HSBC a copy of recent council tax bill + passport photocopy and driving license photocopy.

HSBC will likely send to a branch at your request. To save time fillijg out another form and then returning that you might want to include in your reply with a signature that you are happy to pick up the material from your local hsbc branch which is XXXXXX where you will be able to provide ID to prove your identity. (This MIGHT knock an extra step out of their processess and speed t hings up.)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Thanks for the prompt replies and the anti-tamper :)

The DCA has gone quiet since I requested a statement from them and the account numbers of the debts etc.

Ive been waiting on a reply in order to get the CCA off to them, maybe they are just busy doing the paperwork :wink:

The anti tamper sig strip is NOT required, really do need to get away from this myth that they commit fraud and copy

sigs onto agreements.. this is the OC after all and not some powerless DCA.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Anti tamper or otherwise protecting your signature is just common sense and really does not cause the OP any extra work .

People claim that the banks do not forge signatures but there have been examples where they do in other circumstances and frankly it would be hard top prove if they did so caution is a good option

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

The anti tamper sig strip is NOT required, really do need to get away from this myth that they commit fraud and copy

sigs onto agreements.. this is the OC after all and not some powerless DCA.

Have to agree Boo the NatWest problem that added much to this "theory" involve a totally in house fraud

in changing and inventing total new "investor" contracts.

I have never seen proof of signature "Lifting" or action taken about it with DCAs involved.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Have to agree Boo the NatWest problem that added much to this "theory" involve a totally in house fraud

in changing and inventing total new "investor" contracts.

I have never seen proof of signature "Lifting" or action taken about it with DCAs involved.

:thumb: Nice to get a common sense response, been battling with a FMOTL on an FB page for the past four hours,

calling me a troll/shill etc, only said that banks were well within their right to recover bank charges from benefit payments!

Left him to get on with it and give out bad dangerous debt advice.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

well actually benefits a re to live on

and under BCOBS and say notice of appropriation they should not

be taking them

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:thumb: Nice to get a common sense response, been battling with a FMOTL on an FB page for the past four hours,

calling me a troll/shill etc, only said that banks were well within their right to recover bank charges from benefit payments!

Left him to get on with it and give out bad dangerous debt advice.

The Freeman/men of/on the land are a menace which if the " theories " they put forward are used in a defence will lead to some serious consequences for those putting forward such a defence.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

well actually benefits a re to live on

and under BCOBS and say notice of appropriation they should not

be taking them dx

Cheers DX, for 3 weeks I've been racking my fat head trying to remember that NOA... :thumb:

The problem with that is that once the money is in your bank it is no longer a benefit but your money .

However if you tell them that you are on benefits then it is a whole new ball game and they should be seen to be treating you with due consideration

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

• 1 month later...

Update:

To cut a long story short

I have now received my credit report and SAR from the bank.

The credit report only shows 3 searches on it, nothing else.

The SAR from the bank is approx 100 pages of dates and amounts of payments I have made on the debt

along with some other miscellaneous paperwork.

To be honest I don't really know what to look for in the SAR.

I contacted the bank while I was waiting for the SAR and can clarify that the DCA it was passed to collects the debt on the banks behalf,

and they have not bought the debt from the Bank.

Interestingly enough, the DCA is yet to make any further contact with me regarding collecting the debt since my first post in September.

Another point I would like to bring up is that

the balance on the credit card (Banks) is what I expected it to be

but the balance on the current account has accrued over £600 in interest!!

The Bank told me that the 'principal' amount was £400 odd and once that was cleared they would 'come to a fair decision' regarding the interest.

I hope I have put this in a way that makes sense as I know its a bit long winded but thanks to anyone that can help me out.

so the debts are not on your file

and they've not complied with the CCA either [the dca]

me thinks you've been had blind.

dx

and they

Thats right DX no debts show on my credit report.

I never got sending a CCA to the DCA because they did not contact me again after the initial phone call.

There are documents in the SAR I received though that are copies of the original credit agreement for the Banks credit card so would there be any point in CCA'ing them instead?

Sorry if thats a stupid question and thanks for the reply.

ok well hold for now on the card them

as for the bank account

if they are offering a deal, there is something wrong

find it

in the SAR , PENALTY charges?

and they

£600 interest that they are prepared to "do a deal on" on a £400 debt stinks.

Either there is a live account that they are continuing to charge interest on

or a closed account that they are recording notional interest that would have been charged if it wasn't closed.

Smells more than a bit fishy to me ...

The way they explained it to me was that

Ive been paying off the £400 odd current account (principal sum) and the £600 interest,

which seems to be growing in the background, would be dealt with 'fairly', when the principal sum is paid off.

What fairly means is anyone's guess.

If they keep charging me at this rate it will be thousands by the time the initial debt is paid off.

I will go through the SAR for any charges but havnt been well and just couldnt face it.

Thanks for helping guys.

keep us informed

this smells

dx

and they

I've been paying off the £400 odd current account (principal sum) and the £600 interest,

which seems to be growing in the background, would be dealt with 'fairly', when the principal sum is paid off.

Once the agreement has been terminated then all and any interest stops, there is no agreement in place which allows them to continue adding interest

and/or charges (UNLESS the original explicitly states it can) simply because any agreement/document/contract that you and they had, has now been terminated by them..

The figure that they stated you owed at the beginning, (Less for reclaimable fees/charges) should never change, unless of course they're adding interest and hoping you won't find out.

This is nothing that can't wait, you're health is paramount, these parasites can wait until you are ready.

They dance to your tune, not the other way round!