interview under caution - nobody there

sorrylittlelot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

quick question, I got a letter asking me to attend said interview, from what I gathered over the phone its about when I was on jca and doing a part time college course (I think I didn't put my student loan down as income)

this was almost 2 years ago and im not stressing about it. Anyway my question -

I attend the interview (at my local council building as it was a Saturday) but the place was locked, no lights on 9i took photos) and nobody there so what should I do? as I don't want to get punished for non attendance

cheers guys

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

I am surprised it was for a Saturday?......maybe there was an error with the date on the letter. I would ring them first thing today at the number on the letter and explain. Its probably the wrong date been put on the letter.

Its because i work mon to fri so i agreed to a saturday one, its a bit shoddy, the letter tells you get advice but yet gives no details as to what you will be asked about etc so how can you be advised lol

i am starting to panic now. Do you have to put down you are in receipt of a student loan to the benefits agency?. My student loan was paid direct to the Open University, i never had it as income. Sorry if going off topic

some types of student income affect benefits, most commonly maintenance loans or grants

if you only received a loan to cover your course fees, this would not affect your benefits

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

• 3 weeks later...

Well today I got a letter sent to me at work, no mention of the last interview. Just a basic letter asking me to attend an interview, its exactly the same as the last letter but with a different interview date.

Can I request more info from them as how am I expected to get advice/put a defence together when they give no details

Well today I got a letter sent to me at work, no mention of the last interview. Just a basic letter asking me to attend an interview, its exactly the same as the last letter but with a different interview date.

Can I request more info from them as how am I expected to get advice/put a defence together when they give no details

You can write to them and ask, but they probably won't tell you anything. Your best bet would be to contact a solicitor experienced in benefit matters and ask for his or her assistance. The DWP might disclose more information to them. You can also ask the DWP for more time while you seek legal advice if the interview is very soon.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Just confuses me how it says i will be given one opputunity to attend an interview yet this is the second appointmen they have made

Well, the first time wasn't really an "opportunity" - you didn't have the option of attending an interview and putting your case since there was no-one there.

Would have been nice if they'd written to you to apologise for the mistake, but that's probably too much to hope for.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Letter sent to work??

Is this right?

can you remove the personal data and post the letter up.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

They will tell you in very loose terms what the allegation is. However, if you have legal rep at the interview they can ask for advanced disclosure. This usually takes place straight before the interview, then you get to have a chat with your solicitor ahead of the interview.

Sounds as if it's a standerd IUC letter- do they think you have moved house?

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.