MPs' 9% pay rise 'should go ahead'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Why ??

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

"It is not an easy thing to do. We want to have good people doing the job and they need to be paid fairly" - Marcial Boo, Head of Parliament’s expenses watchdog.

Well said Boo, Doctors, Nurses, Firefighters & Teachers are all having their pay capped but with inflation taken into account it is a pay cut!

Saving lives & teaching the next generation is not as important as your Buffoon friends greed who then sell themselves & all of us in this Country out to their corporate friends.

The Public Sector was capped at 1%, I thought the MP's were Civil Servants in the Public Sector?

I have got a vision in my head of an old cartoon clip I once seen of pigs dressed in Tuxedo's feeding in troughs full of money!

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

As I recall MP's salaries were historically low (compared to the likes of bankers etc), to ensure that those who stood for election did the job because they cared and not just for the money. Even the PM is low paid compared to many CEOs. Historically they weren't paid at all. It was seen as an honour to be an MP.

Seems these days it's all about the money and how much can be scammed on expenses!!

Who remembers when Dave Nellist was MP and only accepted the same wage as the average worker. A shame more aren't so principled.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Politics used to be because you wanted to make a contribution to society. Now its a career

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

when will mp's realise we the public have had enough of their pigs in the trough behaviour, less and less people actually bother to vote as they think their is no point, they are all the same no matter what political party

Which means that less and less people have the right to complain.

As I recall MP's salaries were historically low (compared to the likes of bankers etc), to ensure that those who stood for election did the job because they cared and not just for the money. Even the PM is low paid compared to many CEOs. Historically they weren't paid at all. It was seen as an honour to be an MP.

Seems these days it's all about the money and how much can be scammed on expenses!!

Who remembers when Dave Nellist was MP and only accepted the same wage as the average worker. A shame more aren't so principled.

Indeed - they are professional politicians nowadays and many of them have never had a "real" job in the Real world.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

ANd people wonder why more and more Scots want to declare independence. Its not that they want to be an independent country. Its more to do with in their eyes getting away from the feeding frenzy at WestMinister

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

ANd people wonder why more and more Scots want to declare independence. Its not that they want to be an independent country. Its more to do with in their eyes getting away from the feeding frenzy at WestMinister

Do you honestly think that the Scottish MPs in parliament weren't dipping their sticky fingers into the pie as well ?

Your very deluded if you do.

And when there is a Parliament up there, they will being looking into every nook and cranny to see what 'perks' they can wangle out of the Scots.

Do you honestly think that the Scottish MPs in parliament weren't dipping their sticky fingers into the pie as well ?

Your very deluded if you do.

And when there is a Parliament up there, they will being looking into every nook and cranny to see what 'perks' they can wangle out of the Scots.

Naturally

It doesnt stop it being another "false" selling point that daft people will buy into