***Shaming of our bully banks: We DID intimidate customers with fake debt collection letters, admit bosses***

rebel11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The big banks sent hundreds of thousands of letters from fake debt collection firms to ‘intimidate’ customers.

HSBC, Barclays, Santander and RBS/Natwest admit using the trick on families deep in the red. The letters misleadingly suggest that law firms and outside debt collectors are being called in.

The admissions, which follow a campaign by the Daily Mail to highlight the scandal, came in a series of letters released last night by MPs. In one of them, the chief executive of Barclays confessed the bank had used a number of ‘debt collection brands’.

Shameful: Andrew Tyrie, chairman of the Treasury committee which published the letters, said: 'Many customers will have been understandably misled. It seems that this practice was widespread'

Appearing to acknowledge intimidation, Antony Jenkins said the letters were meant to indicate to customers ‘an escalation in the seriousness of the situation’.

RBS chief Ross McEwan said the bogus letters ‘reflected what had become a common industry practice in a sector that had come to put its own interests above those of its customers’.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2745571/Shaming-bully-banks-We-DID-intimidate-customers-fake-debt-collection-letters-admit-bosses.html

What about the pink pig letters from MBNA ?

The letter with the pig as promised. Its not very big dont know how to enlarge it

Pig1.jpg

pig2.jpg

^^^post 33 on the link below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?75693-MBNA-Rude-Confrontaional-and-Distressing/page4&highlight=pink+pig

The images are very tiny but the text from them can be seen in post # 50 using the same link

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The banks are still in denial.

They don't care.

The FCA appears to be much more active than the OFT in dealing with unfair practice.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Comes too late for a lot of people though, Uncle Bulgaria :(

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

from FCA August Regulation Roundup-

Credit

In terms of consumer credit, many of you will no doubt

have seen the recent media reports on the use of fake

letters by Wonga. We are pleased that affected customers

will be compensated for the firm's unfair and misleading

behaviour. Over the coming months we will be looking at

debt collection activities across the sector to ensure firms

aren't using misleading letters. We believe that it is vital

that those experiencing financial difficulty should be treated

fairly and their situation not exacerbated by poor behaviour.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

This 'initiative' from the FCA has to include the 'file referral fees', 'debt collection management fees', 'doorstep collector fees' etc etc which the so called industry like to try and levy to their alleged debtors.

the more people make reports to them,(not complaints) the more likely they will

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

The banks need to pay out compensation, well sauce for Wonga sets the precedent.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Any idea the critera for compensation? and scales?

What has been paid out to wonga victims?

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

how the hell can they fairly compensate people

we all know these fake DCA letters the bank sent

go back well into the 1980's if not the start of the 80's

I for one would be really annoyed if they suddenly found data that these were sent

when there are 1000's of people out there with say PPI claims, whereby the bank say ...sorry no details held anymore.

as for the DCA's and the fake/tame solicitor or other trading names

that goes back further I'm VERY sure!

that s where the banks got it from, the DCA's pulling the stunt

and they followed.

one I know is the infamous MR Green Cards got one if those from 1981 still!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I believe I have still got one or two which were printed on red paper and made to look like court orders - going through some old paperwork after my move and realising how lucky I was to find CAG and not continue to be caught in the web of deceit conjured up by the alleged 'debt industry'.

Had I pro-rata'd my debts I would still be paying them off now instead of being clear of the bulk of them.

Luckily I didn't have any credit cards or the problem could have been much worse than it was. The PDLs were the bottom of the iceberg in my case, rather than the tip.