Benefit fraud publicity

Fludro
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well this is all useful info for your solicitor should it get to that . Make sure that he knows about it. Also try to note down if you can how you were feeling at that time and what your plans were for the extra cash.

It would be a hard judge who stayed stoney faced against an argument of " My client thought he was dying and has since been diagnosed with Addisons. His sole intention was to get enough money together to pay for his funeral and other final bills. He deeply regrets his actions blah blah blah"

If you genuinely had a fear it might be x or y or that someone in your family had died from say cancer, again it will go to your state of mind.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know your situation, total amount of overpayment etc. But do remember being in the same state of mind, the publicity bit was what concerned me the most. I remember being at work (when I wasn't off in a state of panic) & working on auto pilot, whilst thinking of ways I could end it all with my kids still being able to get the life insurance. No idea if my policy doesn't cover that, I assumed at the time it didn't.

I'd had the IUC (which I was given Diazapam for) & my amount wasn't quite 2000 even, but I was convinced I was going to jail & it would end up in the news etc.

I wasn't prosecuted in the end, took a loan & paid them back. And afterwards it felt like waking up from a nightmare. It will end. Even though it doesn't feel like it at the moment.

Now I look back to (I think it was) 3 years ago & thank my lucky stars I didn't end up doing something silly. And think of all the things I would have missed that have happened since.

But it really was the closest time I nearly came to it. It's torture at the moment for you. Hope you can stay strong & come out the other side.

If you genuinely had a fear it might be x or y or that someone in your family had died from say cancer, again it will go to your state of mind.

Yes we have thyroid cancer run in our family, some had thyroidectomies and others died. I actually had a series of tests done on my thyroid (scans, biopsies ect) at around that time.

I don't know your situation, total amount of overpayment etc. But do remember being in the same state of mind, the publicity bit was what concerned me the most. I remember being at work (when I wasn't off in a state of panic) & working on auto pilot, whilst thinking of ways I could end it all with my kids still being able to get the life insurance. No idea if my policy doesn't cover that, I assumed at the time it didn't.

I'd had the IUC (which I was given Diazapam for) & my amount wasn't quite 2000 even, but I was convinced I was going to jail & it would end up in the news etc.

I wasn't prosecuted in the end, took a loan & paid them back. And afterwards it felt like waking up from a nightmare. It will end. Even though it doesn't feel like it at the moment.

Now I look back to (I think it was) 3 years ago & thank my lucky stars I didn't end up doing something silly. And think of all the things I would have missed that have happened since.

But it really was the closest time I nearly came to it. It's torture at the moment for you. Hope you can stay strong & come out the other side.

Thank goodness you got through it all ok *hugs*

I don't have children and and if I am honest I really don't have much to live for. I must also confess that spending a long time unwell I ....well lets just say I know exactly how to end it all very peacefully and quickly. I think that knowledge might actually give me the courage to keep going as the saying goes 'a prison becomes a home when you have the key'. I shall just take it one day at a time I guess.

Just think when you get through all of this, you can be one of those helping someone in similar situation in the future making a difference to someone else.

Please see your GP urgently and let him know how you feel

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Alternatively I could of said "them" as well :D

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

might be best you keep to this thread with the actual issue too

regards

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think we are wiling to do this I expect if you wish?

is there nowt here of use then to your 'case'?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think we are wiling to do this I expect if you wish?

is there nowt here of use then to your 'case'?

dx

No this was my emotional thread and a bit embarrassing so I started a new one to enquire about more factual matters I need to approach pragmatically.

Thanks

we understand that

the new thread is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?431429-capital-disregard

i'll now close this one

regards

dx

and they

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks