• Tweets

• Just an update ! i sent off the letter on the 1 August but no news from Capital One. What should i do ?send the letter to FO as well?
    • just say ppi/associated insurances.   I was told they were compulsory for my situation and type of mortgage   why are you not getting things after all this time? is 'life assurance' PPI ... no!! so don't tell them..paint the impression that other were bolted on to the PPI else you'll only get the PPI back.   simply reply as I have stated and wipe out elsewhere if you said about the other insurances being life or whatever they are NOT PPI so if you label them such, you cant associate them into a PPI claim. and you wont get a refund on them please be careful upon words used throughout you submission          
    • Hello       I had a 'permit to travel ' from my departure station ( a machine that allows one to put a deposit on a ticket with a coin) as the main ticket office was closed. So I was legal to travel.   I asked to buy a ticket at the turn-styles on my arrival/ destination station.   The staff would not let me have off peak fare, they adamantly insisted I pay 'on peak' which is allot more and detained me.   I knew they were trying to over charge me. but what could I do ?  I was trapped behind the turn-styles, I was not allowed to go home on the train or leave into the town. I could not walk away, it was quite stressful.   They even said its my own fault for not buying a ticket at the departure station.  (Even though it was closed, hence the permit to travel ticket I had!)   In the end, after a debate, I had to agree to be overcharged to get out the station!  They threatened a terrible fine if I refused to do so.   However, I then checked with the main office on the way out and they said they had indeed over charged me and I had to go back to the turn-styles to get a refund.   I went back to the turn-styles, I told them they were overcharging me, as head office said so, that this was not the first time for me and I have seen it happen to others (I have evidence). They reluctantly gave a refund. They were not very happy about it, with zero understanding of why this was unfair.    In my mind it felt like this:  Just give a refund and " who's next to be overcharge?"   no care for the future customers at all.   There was no indication of why this happened or that it should never happen again. These people are meant to be trained experts. And they know very well when it is on peak or off peak times!   However,  this is not just about me. I said that a refund is not good enough by itself, as this has happened before. A refund does not solve this problem for other people. and i asked what are you going to do about it?   The supervisor again tried to blame me for not buying a ticket at the departure station and said it was my fault and...without a warning. The supervisor called a security guard and told me to get out the station. A security man ushered me out.   With no refund. I asked could I have one, he said no, get out! I asked if I could use the overpriced ticket to go home, the guard said no and that I had to leave!!   Any views on this would be great thank you.      
    • just to be clear point a should read   a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and   Is this correct? Thanks
  • Our picks

wellerman

Ebay, buyer trying to scam me

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1809 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have just sold a mobile phone on ebay. I described the phone exactly and honestley as possible. The phone sold and the guy paid instantly. Three days later I received a message thanking me for sending it so promptly but saying it wasnt as described. Corners were broken and there were big scratches on the screen.

The phone I sent was mint but naievley I posted a libary picture of phone.

I messaged back offering a full refund if imei number matched.

He replied asking for imei number for his inbox???

Too cut a long story short a case has been opened and he has just sent the phone back.

The number is obviously different but the only proof I have is my service upgrade agreement, which has phone/imei number.

Help needed as dont want to end up out of pocket with this guys crap phone

Thanks

Hi, sorry I can't help as I don't know much about ebay. If it were me, I would message him back saying that the phone which has been returned to you is not the same as the phone that was sent to him and if the buyer is not honest then you will report 'your' phone as lost or stolen - making the buyers phone more or less an expensive paper weight..

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

Thanks, concerned as worried ebay will find in favour of him and I will end up £170 out of pocket stuckwith his old phone. Guy had good feedback like me as well. Hate it when someone tries to rip me off

Hi wellerman

Stick to your guns. You have proof, your contract, it might be possible to trace the history of the returned phone from the IMEI number. You have lots of options. Tell him you will report the matter to Action Fraud and to put it simply, 'he will not get away with it'. Tell him you will consider taking him to the small claims court.

Once Ebay comeback to you, if the decision goes against you, send the following:-

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened (sold phone), how they have let you down (wrong decision - item was switched - you have proof) and what you want them to do (reconsider decision). Send the proof you have - the contract.

Send it to :-

Ms Tanya Lawler

Managing Director

ebaylink3.gif UK

tanya.lawler@ebay.com

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'

Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE

2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE

3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE

4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE

5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE

6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE

7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE

8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE

9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES [/url]CLICK HERE

14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE

15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE

16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE

17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE

18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers

Bait and switch, it's an old ebay [problem] and ebay are well aware it is going on. Fight this.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

You will have to report it to the police as theft by deception and get a crime number, which you can pass on to ebay and paypal to get them to either block the refund or take other action against the fraudster.

Hopefully the police will help you but dont expect too much other than crime ref.

first thing is to get phone blocked so ha cant use it!

then as said fight it with ebay/paypal and hope they will not refund him. ( however they are biased towards buyers. )

Thanks for all advice, I have done nearly 400 deals and am really proud of my 100% feedback rating, feel alot more confident now

Hopefully you didn't leave the money in the paypal account, so the worst eBay could do is mane your account -£170, also never link your paypal account to your primary bank account/debit card, always use a secondary one.