BankFodder BankFodder

freemason2012

LCS/Southern Electric Debt Demand HELP!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2032 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys,

Need your help again.

Received letter 'Final Demand' from LCS about a southern electric debt of some £8000.!!!

this is apparently for gas used between 2/6/2010-30/12/2010 about 6 months.

I own my home and have equity.

I cant afford this amount at all. I dont even believe the amount £8k.

Some help please.

What is the story about this debt ?

Have you been chased before ? Did you enter into a dispute with Southern Energy ?

Were you living in the house at the time ?

What were your normal energy bills for the period ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Ive received no previous letter.

I dont recall havig a dispute wth southern electric.

I did live at the address during that time.

normal gas bills were around 100£/month

so 8k is way off.

Ive received on previous letter. I dont recall havig a dispute wth southern electric. I did live at the address during that time. normal gas bills were around 100£/month

so 8k is way off.

Think you need to start a documented dispute with Southern Electric, by sending them a recorded delivery letter, with a copy sent to LCS that the matter is in dispute.

In situations like this, if it ever ended up in court, you need to be able to evidence that you did dispute this alleged debt. Southern Electric will have a formal complaints process, with referal to the relevant ombudsman. Make use of it. While the debt is in dispute using a complaints process, debt collection has to be put on hold.

Just keep the letter short and to the point. Send Southern Electric a copy of the LCS letter and advise them that you wish to enter into a formal dispute using their complaints process. That you don't believe that you owe any debt to SE and have never receives a bill for this period that was left unpaid. ....... You will know the details of your situation at the time, so can tailor to just state the facts as you know them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

if you have received no bills from SE in the last 12mts

they cant bill you anything

DCA's think they are onto a winner if they chase util debts

as gas/electric can cut you off and get warrants etc etc.

BUT if the debt is outside 12mts

they [electric co ] cannot do anything

and a DCA even less.

if you want to do anything

contact SE directly.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

Dxs advice is correct.

i love the bit where they say *This will not be looked on Favourably*

That right there needs to be reported...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

is rebecca carter related to Bryan Carter? Similar modus operandi-tells porkies.