Parking Eye Jokers - Using a CRA ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Upshot is this,

Driver of vehicle parks, on a PE operated car park with a 2 hours limit.

Driver leaves after 2hrs 12 mins

Parking Eye send a Parking Notice to the owner of the vehicle at the address registered

Owner wasn't the driver at the time, the driver at the time is disabled and able to stay double the amount usually given ...so they could have parked for 4 hours.

As they didn't address it to the driver at the time the registered keeper ignored the communication.

2 Months on Parking Eye write to another address (not the registered keepers address) but an address where the registered keeper used to live stating that they couldn't have know that the registered keeper had moved and that they would accept a reduced fee if paid within 14 days, they also state that they gained the address by way of a Credit Reference Agency....say what?

The Registered Keeper still lives at the original address and the one that is registered to the car by the DVLA ..the other address sent the communication back to the original address.

The person driving is covered to park over the time allocated, no problem with that, but Parking Eye using a credit ref agency to write to another address simply because the one and only time they wrote to the registered address but did not receive a reply.

For £40 and which they have zero chance of collecting given the disabled status of the driver of the vehicle at the time and which is easily enough rectified ...however, lets hope Parking Eye waste their money taking out court action and wasting more of their money.

What seems so wrong is a cra being used for an address when all the time the vehicle is still registered at the original address.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Check your credit files and see if they have left a footprint. If so tell the CRA that they are processing incorrect data and that no permission was granted for the search and that PE or any of its agents are now barred from accessing the data as no financial relationship exists between you. Complain to the ICO about this unlawful accessing and incorrect use of the data obtained.

The ICO wont act on a single compaint other than to advise PE to be good but if enough complaints of the same nature pass over their desk they can be banned from data accessing and processing altogether. Can you imaginge what that would do to their business?

Well I'm with you on some of it, but I don't check my credit file any longer, the CRA's are as just as bad as the rest but PE have no right to check it when they haven't actually established who the driver is/was. They assume who the driver is but that does not mean it is who they think (in this case it wasnt who they assumed it was)

I need to dig a little more to see the merits of them checking without actually establishing who the driver was, they only sent one letter before moving on to a different address.

Kinda stinks really, if the vehicle is spotted speeding the registered keeper are sent a NIP by the Police asking for driver details, if they dont answer it progresses but they certainly don't wander onto a credit file looking for information as to the driver etc.

Something isn't right.

No, I wont be checking my credit file, I have no need to, if they say they've checked I'm happy to take them at their word but their procedure has a plentora of holes in it and as you so rightly say, there is no financial transaction between either party and no permission was given to Parking Eye to search the credit file and neither does their terms and condtions on the car park notice board allude to checking.

They've messed up and I am fully intending to take them to task in every avenue I am able to. They're just a bunch of bullies and now they've made an error it's time to expose it and them.