I'm back with another ingeus problem

Vikix
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey again.

I'm in my last few weeks at ingeus, sentence is due to end on the 12th September. I received a text on the 28th August asking if I would be interested in a job in a sterile production line, I replied yes. I got a text back saying "I am holding a session next week and will give you more details. What is your surname" I replied with "Thanks. My surname is: ****" text back from ingeus said ""Thanks I will contact you shortly"

Well almost a week has now passed, I have another real interview for a different factory job tomorrow at the ingeus office they called me to tell me about that 29th and sent a reminder text minutes after the phone call saying: "Your interview is on the 3rd of September at the Ingeus office at 9.30 with **** *****" but said nothing about the sterile production line candidate pool appointment.

Today my advisor called me up and said "You didn't attend the candidate pool today." My reply was "which candidate pool? I only know about the Bombardier interview tomorrow." She said: "For Fineleys, we sent you a text out yesterday to remind you" BUT I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY TEXT!! I didn't receive anything regarding this. She checked the "system" and said "It was sent out yesterday, Monday the 1st at 1.32pm so where was you?" I explained "I didn't receive a text" she said my actions are "unacceptable" And went on to say she is "raising a doubt about my willingness to find work to the job centre" despite my efforts of trying to explain it to her.

How can I prove that I didn't receive a text?? I can show them my phone but they can just say I deleted it or something. But I honest to God, did not get any text!! Just lately I have had trouble sending texts sometimes I have to resend it 3-4 times and restart my phone to send one message, maybe I have trouble receiving them too, I really dont know, because I don't use text that much anyway!

Do I actually stand any chance in proving my case? What can I say/do?

I have done everything else they have asked of me. Rarely missed appointments, when I did I had good reason, for example my grandma died last year.

I even have an interview tomorrow. Is that not showing willingness to find work? I have had many interviews aside this one by the way and I always provide proof wherever I miss appointments or not.

Now I am going to be castrated for something that is not even my fault. :?::-x

Please help me.

And thanks!

I carnt see how a text message which we all know is know is not the best system for reciving messages at any time, sometimes i dont recive text for two or three days after they are sent, can be classed as writen notice of atendance.

I carnt see how a text message which we all know is know is not the best system for reciving messages at any time, sometimes i dont recive text for two or three days after they are sent, can be classed as writen notice of atendance.

Well that is exactly how it went. She is reporting me to the Jobcentre for not attending something I didn't even know about, they could have just called me. Obviously there wasn't enough time to send a letter, but they should have made sure I definitely got the message.

But then again, I suppose it's one way of getting one person off the unemployment stats.

From Chapter 3a of the Work Programme Provider guidance as issued by the DWP:

33. When developing the MAN, you must adhere to the policy, procedural and

legal requirements because a sanction can only be considered for non-

compliance if the participant was correctly notified:

[...]

Method of sending the MAN

40. The MAN must be either handed directly or posted to the participant. If

it is posted it is deemed to have been received on the second working

day after posting (see above).

41. It is not acceptable to use electronic methods, such as text or email, to

send the MANs to participants. However, it is acceptable to

communicate electronically with participants to remind them of

mandatory (or non mandatory) activities.

SMS texts and emails are not valid methods for communicating any mandatory activity - If this Ingeus "adviser" is going to try raising a benefit doubt (a.k.a. a sanction), your first response will be to quote the above guidance.

After you have had your "exit review" on completion of your WP sentence, it may prove worthwhile to send a Subject Access Request to the DWP asking for all information held by Ingeus about yourself. There will not be a charge for this and the resulting file may be of use to you should this current dispute get as far as a formal appeal.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

From Chapter 3a of the Work Programme Provider guidance as issued by the DWP:

SMS texts and emails are not valid methods for communicating any mandatory activity - If this Ingeus "adviser" is going to try raising a benefit doubt (a.k.a. a sanction), your first response will be to quote the above guidance.

After you have had your "exit review" on completion of your WP sentence, it may prove worthwhile to send a Subject Access Request to the DWP asking for all information held by Ingeus about yourself. There will not be a charge for this and the resulting file may be of use to you should this current dispute get as far as a formal appeal.

Thank you for that. I will remind her tomorrow after my interview ;)

Don't 'remind' her - tell your adviser you're reporting her firstly to her manager for failing to follow contractual guidance.. then you're reporting your Ingeus branch to Ingeus head office for failing to follow contractual guidance (this should make the centre manager take notice).. then you're reporting your advisor AND the Ingeus branch to the DWP for failing to follow contractual guidance.

..I'd even have the complaint letter all ready and typed up when you next see the advisor. Next move is up to her :) They're definitely in the wong by using texts for mandatory appointments, but better to let your advisor back down rather than fight a sanction referral, even a wrongful one.

Congratulations.

When you come to sign off, there is no legal or contractual obligation to tell the JCP why you are closing your claim. If asked, just state "personal reasons" and stick to your guns. This prevents the DWP from passing information about your new employer back to Ingeus and thus frustrates their ability to claim an outcome payment for doing nothing over the last two years.

Congratulations.

When you come to sign off, there is no legal or contractual obligation to tell the JCP why you are closing your claim. If asked, just state "personal reasons" and stick to your guns. This prevents the DWP from passing information about your new employer back to Ingeus and thus frustrates their ability to claim an outcome payment for doing nothing over the last two years.

I know, I have done this before, they never bothered me after that

Congratulations on getting the job.

It may still be a good idea to send the DWP a Subject Access Request (SAR), as Mr P suggests, asking for all information held by them and by Ineus and covering the entire period since you were referred to the WP until you came off it. This could be useful to you if, God forbid, the job does not last and you need to sign on again.

Congratulations on getting the job.

It may still be a good idea to send the DWP a Subject Access Request (SAR), as Mr P suggests, asking for all information held by them and by Ineus and covering the entire period since you were referred to the WP until you came off it. This could be useful to you if, God forbid, the job does not last and you need to sign on again.

Thank you!

okay I have spoke to the jobcentre, you were right, they said they can't sanction me because Ingeus didn't inform me with a mandatory notifacation or a letter, they have also.reassured me that I can still sign on during my unpaid training period at work :) I have had a letter from Ingeus saying that I can get an end of work programme report, I'm going to get one, will be useful as toilet paper if nothing else :D I can't wait for tomorrow, I can finally tell them all to f-off. I also managed to ask Ingeus for £20 to get some insoles for my work shoes. I'm also going to ask the jobcentre about some money for traveling. Oo it's finally over! I hope the job lasts, I don't want to go through this again.

I can finally tell them all to f-off.

It is indeed quite a liberating experience to go in there with the knowledge that there is absolutely nothing they can do. My last ever "appointment" at A4e was only supposed to be a 30 minute stint, but I stretched to well over an hour, pressed all the wrong (right ?) buttons and elicited a hissy fit from the "adviser" :madgrin: When she started to throw her toys out of the pram, I got up and left and had her chasing me out of the building screaming that I wasn't entitled to travel expenses. To demonstrate her spiteful streak, she tried to raise a couple of sanctions based on false statements claiming that I had threatened and abused staff - One advantage of recording all conversations was that I had evidence to disprove her claims, and I still got my travel expenses refunded :lol:

I pity the poor souls that had to see her during the course of the day (mine was the first appointment).

Congrats on getting the job. You're now out of the 'system' while Ingeus and the JC are still stuck in it. My heart bleeds for them...

Make sure you ask your (former) adviser for a Customer Satisfaction Form won't you? I'm sure you'll fill it in very fairly and without malice ;)