eSure Car Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Need some advice here. I'm right in the middle of this and desperately need to know if im doing right, or am I fighting a losing battle?

My Vauxhall Astra (RIP) went in to a garage mid July to have some work done plus handbrake tightening as it was coming up on 4/5 clicks and only just staying on. I've had all pads done March/April this year. Anyway cut long story short, I parked my car up on the afternoon of getting it back and 1.45 minutes I got a knock on my door to say my car had gone down the hill, writing it off and writing someone else car off in the process. I received a courtesy car, and then finds out by enterprise that I've received a settlement. Esure never rang me, I had to wait till the Monday to find out, In the meantime I had to take the hire car back and spend money on my credit card, buying a new car whilst I wait for the pay-out. Throughout all this, I have maintained to Esure and Kc Autos I wanted my Astra handbrake testing, because I wanted to take the garage who had fixed it to court over my excess and loss on my no claims. Esure said they would have the car examined and the handbrake tested, I was told send all documents to the breakers COPARTS, Who'd bought the car off Esure.

Esure had my car collected without testing its handbrakes, and now all documentation with coparts has gone missing.

What can I do now? Esure, are surly to blame for this, as they marked my incident down as a fault incident, But haven't investigated the cause so that I can go and take the garage to court. I'm so annoyed about all this. As you probably can tell from my ramblings on ;-) sorry

So

What I would suggest that you do is to send a written complaint letter to the CEO of eSure, just explaining what eSure had promised you and they failed to honour this. As a result you have no way of pursuing the garage for a faulty repair and have suffered a loss as a consequence. Ask eSure to review the matter, as you intend to either further the complaint with the FOS or issue a court claim against eSure for their failure to deliver on a promised service they did not deliver on. Advise the CEO that you hope that they are able to offer an acceptable resolution to you, to save further action being necessary.

If you write something along these lines to eSure with a bit more info, I would hope that eSure will attempt to resolve.

If eSure don't respond in a way that is helpful to you, then ask for a final response from eSure, so you can elevate to the FOS. Then see what the FOS say about it when you pass the complaint to them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

They are useless at replying- Esure under valued my car, and after 1 complaint to them they paid out another £150 for a window screen that broke in the incident. They also devalued my car due to other areas of damage from the same incident. They needed evidence it happened on that day. Good job i took photo's. I was like............It happened, that's where the ladies car ended up. I'm so annoyed with them, but i have to stay with them.

I emailed them back Friday- After they said if i have any further complaints to go to the FOS, but please email esure before you do. They ignored every other item in the email apart from the windowscreen issue (probably something they can sort out, something so easy and simple) But the whole body of the email, was in regards to them disposing of my car before any investigations could take place- THEY JUST TOTALLY IGNORED THIS PART!

To be honest companies like eSure probably rely on customers having a good moan about issues like this and not doing much about it. I see posts on here all the time, where people can't be bothered to write a complaint letter and to send it to the CEO of a company. They just seem to accept what the Insurers customer services/complaints people have said and forget about it.

If you want eSure to deal with this properly, then the next course of action is a letter to their CEO and if they then do not resolve, pass it on to the FOS.

I don't think anyone at eSure or COPARTS or anyone else had any intention of having the car inspected to see whether the garage that repaired the handbrake were liable. You would think that eSure would have been interested in finding out the cause of the accident and have arranged an engineers inspection. But I suspect that they don't normally do this and if this this was promised then you have been lied to.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread