• Tweets

• I quite agree. I think all that needs to be said has been said. It is my view that the poster is very confused not only about the law and court procedures but about the circumstances explained in the original post. As you can see from the passages I highlighted it caused considerable confusion for the OP (and just about everybody else). My concern was that we had a worried OP about to go to court to deal with a very unfamiliar (to her) process being completely misled and confused. A principle part of her court visit was to be her SD and she was presented with a totally false impression of what might happen. I know that all forums such as this have differences of opinion. However, this matter was not a difference of opinion - it was a different portrayal of facts. One of them was utterly incorrect and no amount of persuasion could get them retracted. It's not good.
    • Post 24 on my earlier AA thread for this loan...  
    • Hello, on 9th of July 2018 I was issued a CCJ for 326£ for a non payment into my Natwest account - 6 month earlier I moved abroad and despite my better knowledge my direct debit with the phone company wasn't properly closed and the Natwest account went into arrears for that amount. As soon as I found out of that matter on 20th October 2018 I settled the amount in full with Moorcroft (the debt recovery agency instructed by Natwest to recover the amount).   When I returned to the UK I was shocked that my credit score was completely depleted - despited an otherwise good record - and that for the following 5 years I won't pretty much be able to access credit and other common financial products regardless of the fact the debt has been paid in full (and despite a stable high salary etc.).   When I contacted Moorcroft in January this year they said they can't do anything about it and the record will stay as is. They said the best they could do was to send me a letter (attached) that I can use as a confirmation that the CCJ was now settled. I was pretty sad and frustrated and shocked that a 300£ debt could put me into such distress (I literally cannot even get a monthly mobile phone plan) and despite having settled it I would carry such consequences for the next 5 years... so I archived the letter and tried to forget about it.   I recently checked my credit report and it states that the CCJ status is still active.   I would like to ask:  - is it really not possible to adjust the CCJ status ?  - are there any actions I can take to mitigate my situation ? - shouldn't at least Moorcroft have sent a more comprehensive letter stating that the CCJ was settled (instead of a generic 'payment received' with no indication of what and why) ?     Note: when I tried to contact Natwest in October 2018 they bounced mee across several departments but ultimately no-one could/would want to help as the account was permanently closed and passed onto debt recovery and they couldn't find much information about my records (apart from saying it's closed and Im no longer a customer of the bank and won't ever be able to be one again).   Thanks, V
    • I hope we can keep this thread for a discussion of SDs. If it descends into a slanging match then there probably isn't much point in having it.   HB
    • phew, just got an email from scmreferrals@justice.gov.uk.    I was worried that because the N180 was 5 days late, they would reject it.    There is still an new default on my credit file for the original amount + court costs. Surely Lowell shouldn't have submitted this yet?  
  • Our picks

Bluesbot

Sky Not Cancelled

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1904 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

On the 23/07/14 my wife phoned up to cancel our sky account as we were moving a couple of days later on the 26/07/14 - they told us that would be fine but we may have to pay in lieu of notice.

we had already taken a new account for the new address online but my name rather than my wifes as the offer seemed good.

so we assumed that the direct debit taken on the 30/07 was the final bill, however we then had a dd taken on the 28/08/2014 - so this time I went online to investigate.

They had cancelled our phone and broadband but not until the 11/08/2014 but were still charging us for the TV packages - worse still the new tenant had been using our landline to call mobiles up until the 11th, only £15 but thats not the point.

We called sky today but they would not give us a refund and said we would have to give them another 31 days notice to stop tv package and we would be billed again.

We told them the above information but they said there was no action on the system, obviously I pointed out to them that I had proof on my bill that I called and the call lasted 13 minutes and they concurred that my account had been accessed that day but no action taken.

I said considering we were moving and I can prove that why else would I phone sky other than to cancel ? I wasnt talking about the weather for ten minutes. I asked to speak with a manager or supervisor but got told repeatedly there was no managers about - I doubt this is the case !!

Got told to go online where I got passed from complaints to disconnection team again and after an hour of discussion got told the same - can cancel today giving 31 days notice and still have to pay.

Surely this isnt right !!!!.

Do I have any hope of getting our money back ?

as good as thievery from my bank account !!!

Edited by Bluesbot

Ideally things such as this should ALWAYS be done in writing or email UNLESS you can record your phonecalls.

I would be talking with my bank and reclaiming the money they took under the direct debit guarantee.

Start a formal complaint with SKY, and if you're still with them, then kick them into touch and vote with your feet, go elsewhere, no matter how good

a deal you think you have got with them, if they treat their customers like this, then you can guarantee it won't improve.

Don't deal with them over the phone, as you have found out, the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

hear hear, you will soon find them asking to be allowed to put things right.