Money back - fauly goods

Spinster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi People,

I'm hoping that this is simple but always like a head start from yourselves on these things.

I will keep it simple and if anyone want more specific info I can provide it.

I Purchased a BRAND NEW mini data server (PC) from a retailer online.

I received it

unboxed it and turned it on (All seemed to be working).

As this (PC) is a server you leave it on all the time.

After being in for a week or two It started having hardware issues (losing connection to its storage drives,

then it eventually stopped working and would not boot up).

I contacted the retailer who suggested that I contact the manufacturer.

After a few communication calls and about 4 weeks later,

the manufacturer agreed it was faulty and sent out a replacement.

Unfortunately the same has happened with the replacement and

I contacted the Manufacturer again, but this time they have not been very helpful and have not offered a replacement.

Instead they asked me to try some diagnostics and to swap the storage drives around etc.

However this still did not work and there response has been to close my complaint without resolving it.

I am reluctant to start up a new complaint reference with them as they take so long to contact you approx. 3-4 weeks.

Today I have contacted the Retailer and explained the current status and issue and asked for a refund.

They say they cannot offer a refund as it is past 30 days

and May or may not be able to offer a replacement as I have been dealing with the Manufacturer.

The Manufacturer is WD (Western Digital) and the server cost me £2,500

Please could you offer me some advice.

Kindest Regards,

SPINSTER

Consumer law is on your side and as such the goods must be of satisfactory quality and you are covered for up to six years!

within the first six months you do not have to prove anything other than it does not work and they MUST replace, refund or offer repair, within a reasonable time. The choice is up to you which you want.

this is covered under SOGA.

http://sogahub.tradingstandards.gov.uk/sogaexplained

Try this with them.

report them to trading standards.

start SCC on line, but send letter first to say this is what you are going to do if they do not refund.

Thank you,

your advice has been very helpful to me.

start SCC on line, but send letter first to say this is what you are going to do if they do not refund.

What is SCC?

Than you once again.

I will let you know how I get on.

SPINSTER

Its been a little over 3 months since I purchased it and I have not yet been able to use it for its intended purpose due to the fault. The manufacturers support is good but it takes weeks to communicate with them. The retailer just wants to pass the buck to the manufacturer.

I need a device that works and offers reliability, I am not confident in this device as the second one has had the same error, not am I confident in the future support of this device based on my current experience with both the retailer and the manufacturer.

Based on this, do I have grounds to refuse both a repair or replacement and request my money back?

SPINSTER

Hi,

Well I have had an email from SCAN fobbing me off saying that they have requested the manufacturer to contact me as it is an issue with their product. (my contract is with Scan so liability stays with them)

However, the manufacturer has contacted me and offered repair, replacement or refund. I have opted for refund and they are going to send me a prepaid RMA label today and have asked for bank details in order to send refund once they receive the returned device.

This sounds good news to me, any comments?

Kind Regards,

SPINSTER