Carter/Lowells - Claimform Vanquis 'debt[s]?' *** Claims Dismissed***

fedupwithbankpwm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

I am due to go to court on the 23rd September on behalf of my wife.

Here is the history.

There are two claims which have been merged, the lead claim is for around £400 and the second around £1200.

I have sent a prove it letter 10th March 14:

I sent a s77 request 14th MArch 14:

And finally I sent a CPR31.14 letter:

[/size]All of the above remain unanswered for the small debt (which is not on any credit file) except the standard CPR31.14 response saying we should have the contract.

The larger debt they have sent a reconstituted agreement with no actual signature and a set of statements which are in a general format (IE not in a credit card style or headed paper)

I put our defence onto MCOL in the proper time frame and it is as below:

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. The claim is denied with regards to an amount due under an agreement. The Claimant/Solicitor has refused to disclose any agreement or statements on which its claim relies upon. (paragraph 1 of Particulars of claim)

3. I am unaware of any legal assignment the claimant refers to within its particulars and deny the notice was served pursuant to the Law of Property Act 1925. (paragraph 2 of Particulars of claim)

On receipt of this claim I requested information pertaining to this claim from Bryan Carter Solicitors by way of a CPR 31.14. To date I have yet to receive a compliant response. This was posted on the 12th March and signed as received on the 14th March. Bryan Carter Solicitors responded by saying that they will not comply and that it is based on a simple contract which I should have in possession.

On receipt of this claim I requested information pertaining to this claim from Lowell's by way of a Section 77/78 request. To date I have yet to receive a response complying with the request. This was posted on the 15th March and signed for as received on the 19th March

Therefore with the courts permission the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a)Show and disclose how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) Show and disclose how the Claimant has reached the amount claimed for;

© Show how the agreement was legally terminated to allow the claimant relief.

(d) Show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

4. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5, it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

5. On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

6. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief including interest pursuant to S69 of the County Court Act. (paragraphs 3,4 and 5 of the Particulars of Claim)

I have the proofs of posting etc for all and went online to see when they were signed for.

I have had the AQ filled it in and sent it back.

I put down for mediation but have as yet not contacted for an appointment (TBH I forgot about it)

Okay so a lot to read I know but I am now putting stuff together for the hearing and would appreciate any advice at all please!!

Edited by Andyorch
formatting/Templates removed

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fedup, can you please post up the text of the particulars of claim.

Did you receive a copy of the opposition's Allocation/Directions Questionnaire ? I am surprised that this hasn't gone to mediation.. but I guess if they said they weren't interested then the court might not have suggested it.

Have you been asked to provide a witness statement prior to the hearing ?

I will ask andyorch to look in for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:thumb:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I am due to go to court on the 23rd September on behalf of my wife.

Hi,

Can you clarify what you mean by this? Is your wife going with you?

This may sound obvious as weel, but remember this is your wife's claim so her Witness Statement must read as it is from her and be signed by her.

Hi fedupwithbankpwm

Responding to CB,s SOS...you will notice that I have had to edit your first post...we request that our template Letters are not posted to thread as they are for members only and only viewable to members.

Once you return home if you could post up verbatim a copy of the particulars of claim (less any identifiable data) on the copy of the claimants DQ have they requested mediation (ADR) ?

Also a copy of the Notice of Allocation ...in particular the time table of directions.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Particulars of Claim

This claim is for xxx.xx the amount due under an agreement between the original creditor and the defendant to provide finance and/or services and/ or goods

This debt was assigned to/purchased by Lowell Portfolio I Ltd on 15/02/2013 and notice served pursuant to the law of property act 1925

Particulars Re Vanquis A/C No xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And the claimant claims xxx.xx

The claimant also claims interest pursuant to s69 county court act 1984 from 15/02/2013 to date at 8% per annum amounting to xx.xx

If you could covert your uploads to PDF fedup..Ive misplaced my microscope::madgrin:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

you say this is two merged debts

why is their only one A/C no. in the PoC if so?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Lets try again!! Hopefully a legible PDF showing the DQ and NOA.

Dx100uk the POC for the other claim is identical wording but for a different amount.

This was merged into one, unfortunately the evidence that would clear and exonerate the lead claim would incriminate the second, the lead claim is a complete unknown and does not appear on any credit file yet is supposedly quite recent, the second claim though does appear on the credit file!

Many thanks fedupwithbankpwm

So what do require help with?......you need to concentrate on points 5 onwards within in the directions and follow the timetable.

Regards

Andy

Andy

Its more the witness statement and the fact that it is now two claims in one. The lead claim I am confident in as there has been no response to the S77 letter and just the usual BC responses to the "prove it letter" and the CPR31.14 request, and the credit file has no record either as a default or as an account. Couple this with the fact we genuinely have no recollection of the account nor any paperwork then our confidence are high.

However the second claim they have responded to the s77 with an agreement with a typed signature and a list of transactions and this does appear on the credit file, I am nervous of the "strict proof" they were put to in the defence and whether what they have sent constitutes a satisfaction of strict proof.

Paul

Okay so are we defending 2 claims here ? You really should create a separate thread for each claim otherwise your thread will become impossible to navigate and understand....believe me,

Andy

To my mind they have satisfied parts a and b but not c and d yet. If they send a copy of the default and a notice of assignment through in their pack then the second part of their claim is founded even though the lead claim will be not proven.

(a)Show and disclose how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) Show and disclose how the Claimant has reached the amount claimed for;

© Show how the agreement was legally terminated to allow the claimant relief.

(d) Show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

I would then be reliant upon the non-disclosure of these documents under the cpr31.14 letter, but I'm not sure how much weight this will carry as a contravention of civil procedure with the Judge and whether it is enough to find for us.

I am also nervous that I have made no contact with the mediation team which until I started to look at the documents again I didn't realise it was both parties who had to contact.

Paul

One hearing for 2 claims (2 separate claim numbers both to the same defendant...your wife)?

Particulars of claim both identical both for credit card debts? You submitted the same defence for both...completed two sets of DQs and the courts case managements have opted to deal with both claims in one hearing...are there 2 Notice of Allocation notices? ... have they amalgamated both claims into one....directions to cover both claims?

POC's both identical except for amounts and OC, same defence for both, completed two sets of DQ's and yes the court amalgamated them, not sure if that was the courts decision or a request from BC.

Directions were sent for each but the second set said to comply with the lead letter.