Looking for some help with Lowell/Red/Lloyds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Just looking for a bit of advice on what route to take.

I have recently started receiving letters from Lowell/Red Debt Collection Services referring to a debt with Lloyds for ~£850 which they have bought from Lloyds.

I think this is from an old current account that I used to have. I believe a large part of the amount they are asking for is from bank charges as at the time I left Lloyds I had lost my job and was going though a bad patch. Lloyds were less then helpful at the time so I just walked away and buried my head in the sand (Know better now).

Don't really have any paper work left from Lloyds as a lot of it was binned over the years of moving.

Any suggestions as to what route to take? as I believe this can't be challenged under CCA and I could do without the worry again.

Can you give some dates to work with?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Wow, Wasn't expecting such a quick reply at this time of the morning :)

Off the top of my head it was mid/late 2008 that things got really bad and I gave up with Lloyds and went elsewhere. According to Experian the default date is 02/2009

Mid to late 2008 might mean that the statute barred deadline is looming, hence the apparent urgency of Lowell/Red. However it depends on whether any payments have been made since then obviously.

Do overdrafts have PPI? If so, reclaim.

You could SAR Lloyds for copies of statements etc. for charges.

I doubt there would be any PPI on an overdraft. There wont be an agreement as such but there should have been a Facility letter.

Do you recall receiving either a default notice or a formal demand from LTSB for the full repayment of the O/D ? If so, can you remember when ? I wonder if a peek at your credit file might turn up something ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CitizenB,

I can't remember if there was a default notice or a formal demand. Probably was, but at the Time I kind of just binned anything from Lloyds once things got bad.

Wish I knew what I did now :/

Would it be worth sending a SAR to Lloyds? Also anything I can do to keep Lowell at bay while I try to find out more information/details?

For sure a Subject Access Request would be a very wise move - you can use the draft request from the library link below.

LINK

You will need to send it to their Head /registered office - recorded delivery if you can afford it and enclose a postal order for £10.00.

They have 40 calendar days to comply with the request :)

Is the Letter from Lowells - Notice of Assignment or from Red - which would be something a little heavy by way of "if you don't contact us and pay up we will sell your first born to the jabberwocky" type of letter ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

With the SAR, Should I just put my current address? or should I include the address I was living at, at the time I had the account and/or addresses since?

If your address is different to the one they are likely to have on record then yes, you need to advise them of this. So your letter would be sent from your current address, but you need to include an extra paragraph in the SAR to say at the time of account opening you were at XYZ address.

BCOBS

Something to keep me busy for a little while today :)

The last letter is from Red saying they have a copy of my credit file and will be passing the details onto Hamptons Legal.

Righto, well let us know if and when you receive a letter from Hamptons Legal - you will be aware of course that Lowell/Red/Hampton Legal are all the same group.

BCOBS

Righto, well let us know if and when you receive a letter from Hamptons Legal - you will be aware of course that Lowell/Red/Hampton Legal are all the same group.

Aren't the FCA meant to be looking into DCAs that use 'solicitor alter-egos'?

If so, then it may be worth the person concerned logging a complaint with the FCA.

Aren't the FCA meant to be looking into DCAs that use 'solicitor alter-egos'?

If so, then it may be worth the person concerned logging a complaint with the FCA.

Indeed they are, if they don't make it clear that they are indeed part of the same group then I understand they are in trouble - any letter head that is ambiguous should be sent to the FCA.

BCOBS