Bought a 2gb memory card that I can't use, won't give me a refund

acvdm1989
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a 2GB memory card from a second hand shop which I found out I could not use.

Now before I purchased the item I explicitly asked about what were my rights if I wanted to return the item before I paid for it on my debit card. I was told that was fine but I would receive the value in vouchers which I had to spend in store again. I accepted this and proceeded to pay.

I actually found out that day the memory card was useless to me as it did not match the slots I had. 10 days later I walked in to the store only to be told I was not entitled to a refund because I had to return it within it 48 hours if I was to be eligible for a full refund. They said I could sell the item back to them but I refused.

It was never made clear to me verbally or in writing and I think this is grossly unfair. I now have a second hand item that is useless to me. I was prepared to receive the full value of credit to spend in their store again but frankly I would never ever spend my money on them again if this is how the treat their customers.

Please tell me what is the correct procedures to undertake as I wish to make a formal complaint and reclaim.

The high street store is part of the webuy.com franchise but the shop in particular is CEX in Lewisham.

Legally I don't think you're onto a winner here. The item isn't faulty or itself mis-described as far as I can tell from your post, it just doesn't fit any card slots you have and their argument will be that you should have checked what kind of memory card you needed before purchasing. Legally the store doesn't have to accept the return I'm afraid.

You can write to the head office and complain and they may refund your money as a gesture of good will, but legally speaking there's no refund entitlement.