Couple of Debt Questions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just to give background.

House repossessed in 2008, Husband made bankrupt but not me, because I wasn't on the mortgage so my debts weren't rolled into his.

Have an outstanding overdraft with Lloyds TSB.

I shut my account with a £0.00 balance in Jan 2008.

After the house was repossessed I did pay for post to be redirected to our address but never received a letter from Lloyds.

About 4 years later I received a letter telling me my account was overdrawn by about £600.

I can only assume something was missed and Lloyds applied their MASSIVE OD charges afterwards (my main reason for leaving them).

I haven't got a formal 'Your account is closed letter' which in hindsight I should have asked for.

The debt has been passed to a debt collection agency who send me letters periodically.

I've never responded to them. When would this debt become statute barred?

2nd one.....

3 Mobile have recently started chasing me for a phone contract from 2005.

I don't recall leaving an outstanding balance but apparently I owe them £68.

They have passed this to Lowell/Red.

Again I get periodic letters that I've ignored.

Would this be Statute Barred?

Many thanks

.... 3 Mobile have recently started chasing me for a phone contract from 2005. I don't recall leaving an outstanding balance but apparently I owe them £68. They have passed this to Lowell/Red. Again I get periodic letters that I've ignored. Would this be Statute Barred?

SB by a country mile!

But check your credit file see whats on there.

Lloyds OD is possibly SB, however checking your CRF will show you, besides if it isn't then there will be plenty of charges fees & interest that you can reclaim..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If 6 years have elapsed (5 years if in Scotland) with either no payment or written acknowledgement of the debt then the debt is Statute Barred.

Going by the above dates that you posted, both accounts are Statute Barred.

Statute Barred Template Letter is here...http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387368-Letter-to-be-sent-when-debt-is-Statute-Barred-(update-21.04.2014)

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you