What is the difference between TE9 form and PE3 form

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have received a TE3 ORDER FOR RECOVERY of unpaid Penalty charge (Parking). I'm within my time period to reply. I have been sent a TE9 form (Filing witness statement), but on reading through various posts online, I'm now confused as to which form I need to fill.

The reason I haven't paid the PCN is because I made a representation to the council and they haven't replied back.

So what is the difference between TE9 form and PE3 form. When should each of these forms be used.

Thanks for your help in advance.

PE3 is a Statutory Declaration for non parking offences. Things like driving in/into a bus lane.

TE9 is a witness statement for parking offences.

If yours is for parking, you need to fill in and file the TE9. thumbup.gif

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

There's a page here on justice.gov that explains it a little better :)

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/northampton-bulk-centre/traffic-enforcement-centre/statutory-declarations

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

PE3 is a Statutory Declaration for non parking offences. Things like driving in/into a bus lane.

TE9 is a witness statement for parking offences.

If yours is for parking, you need to fill in and file the TE9. thumbup.gif

Historically the PE3 was used for parking. It requires witnessing and counter-signing by a Commissioner of Oaths, which is a pain. The newer TE9 is easier, as there's not need for a witness - so although I think you could still use a PE3, the TE9 is easier.